Dental Sourcing InternJob Location Saint Paul, Minnesota Job ID 2019-8786 Apply
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join the Patterson dental sourcing team. This internship program offers students currently pursuing Supply Chain or other Business related degrees with the opportunity to supplement coursework with meaningful, practical experience. Interns will make contributions to team efforts in Patterson’s fast paced and stimulating environment.
Under the guidance and supervision of a department manager the intern will have an opportunity to participate and work on a mix of projects which are representative of daily sourcing responsibilities. This person will gain hands on experience developing sourcing strategies, engaging with vendors, participating in cross-functional teams, and presenting to internal groups
- Complete data analysis as assigned
- Conduct product and supplier analysis
- Hands-on responsibility for analysis of business data including product category and customer profitability
- Create and update supplier scorecard
- Identify business needs, develop frameworks to deliver actionable information, discern opportunities for improvement
- Support the dental sourcing team in sourcing-related technologies implementation
- Identify cost savings opportunities
- Present strategy and findings to senior leadership
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university as a freshman, sophomore, or junior
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance/Accounting/Economics, or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in analyzing large set of data
- Proficiency in MS Office - (Word, Excel, Power Point Etc.)
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.