Customer Service ManagerJob Location Amarillo, Texas Job ID 2021-11624 Apply
The role of Customer Service Manager will oversee the management of the Customer Support Team that provides support to Turnkey Computer Systems customers. Turnkey Computer Systems (a division of Animal Health International Inc.) provides fully integrated software applications coupled with comprehensive software support and training to meet the unique needs of the feedyard industry.
The Customer Service Manager is accountable for all activities related to customer support and the overall customer satisfaction results by utilizing a team of Client Tech Specialists. Oversight of the team’s activities includes support calls, project tasks, testing assignments, documentation maintenance, and software issue identification.
Train and Develop
- Manage Client Tech Specialist Team
- Supervise employee performance and resolve issues that may arise in day-to-day operations
- Provide coaching and development for employees, including regular one-on-one and team meetings
- Maintain a positive, problem solving approach and spirit of cooperation in a team environment
- Proactively address issues and remain open and flexible to respond to change in business and organizational needs
- Handle daily personnel issues such as complaint calls regarding staff, PTO, and support manager/specialist concerns
- Develop/research ways to increase efficiencies in the department
- Encourage the growth of all direct and indirect reports through skill development and goal setting, and conduct/complete yearly reviews for team members
- Hold direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals
- Implement and maintain training curriculum for new staff and ongoing specialized training for all staff
- Resolve employee issues in an effective and consistent manner.
- Conduct interviews and hire additional staff as necessary
Strategy and Planning
- Participate in the software design process and quality assurance testing for current and newly developed software applications.
- Work with inter-departmental staff/teams on various projects as assigned
- Develop and assist in budget process
- Work with vendor partners to improve communication on new products/updates to improve our support process
- Serve as part of Turnkey’s Management Team
- Proactively review customer issue priority list to ensure proper urgency, progress and communication is occurring both internally and externally.
- Conduct real time and retrospective monitoring of team members to monitor productivity, metrics and accuracy to ensure excellent customer service to our customers
- Travel when necessary to customers, company offices, vendor conventions, division meetings, etc.
Prerequisite: Attributes of ethical behaviors, high personal standards, and sound work ethic all employers should expect of employees.
Action-Oriented: Initiating action with a drive to achieve and to be successful in whatever they attempt. High energy with a desire to stay busy and engaged.
Collaboration: Understanding the importance of relationships to enabling effective teamwork. Modifying personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to ensure effective outcomes for group endeavors.
Communications: Interacting with others through verbal and non-verbal means to present information in an engaging and understandable manner. The use of listening and other attending behaviors to gain a shared understanding of the topic at hand.
Flexibility: Adapting to changing demands and circumstances without difficulty. Maintaining composure and effectiveness under demanding circumstances.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Interacting well with others to achieve goals with minimal conflict and confrontation.
Self-Managed: Using personal management skills to effectively complete tasks necessary to the success of the organization in an orderly manner. Organizing details and bringing order to complex and competing demands.
Customer Engagement: Engaging external customers and internal resources to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes in a way that provides an optimal experience for the customer.
Results Focused: Collaborating with their team as a leader on setting standards on how the group will be measured and then effectively communicating to all employees how those standards will be assessed. Motivate their team to work together to achieve group goals. They find and retain the best talent available.
Decision Making: Making high quality decisions in a timely manner, usually with less data and analysis than might be desired.
Business Acumen: Knowledge of general business practices as well as knowledge of the organization’s functioning. An understanding of organizational culture and the ability to function effectively within its social structure.
This position requires: Occasional or frequent moderate physical activity
Travel and On-Call:
This position requires travel as necessary
This position manages the support team on-call Saturday/holiday rotation. If staff are not available, responsibility is the managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Ag-Business/Ag-Ed or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Customer Support and Managerial Experience
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Motivation to customers and staff to solve their software related problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to participate as a productive team manager and member
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Consistent, positive attitude and self-motivated
- Computer skills, including MS Office
- Agricultural Background
- Accounting or feedyard accounting experience
- Familiarity with livestock hedging with futures and options
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees. Please clickherefor an overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Fulfillment Center Manager Roanoke, Texas
- Fleet Driver-CDL/Hazmat Ontario, California
- Field Support Technician Sterling, Colorado
- Material Handler I Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Software Engineer II - Turnkey Computer Systems *Remote Opportunity* Amarillo, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.