QA Analyst IIJob Location Amarillo, Texas Job ID 2020-11079 Apply
The Quality Assurance Analyst II role is to write test plans, perform test execution, and track defects using the defined QA tools, processes, and methodology. The QA Analyst II will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills for validating processes and handle moderately complex issues and problems in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in initiatives.
- Adhere to established Patterson QA standards for Quality Assurance Process and Methodology.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers regarding feature design.
- Analyze design documents to create test plan documentation per project that can be reviewed and utilized for other QA resources to direct test execution.
- Execute test scenarios using existing documentation.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Perform issue tracking, reporting and resolution of issues found during testing. Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Collect and analyze data for software process evaluation and improvements and integrate them into business processes to address the needs of the business.
- Provide regular status as directed throughout the release cycle to appropriate leadership and Development team members.
- For regulated products, will follow regulatory requirements for software development/testing and provide needed documentation.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to level I Analysts.
Communication: Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations; listens well to various points of view; relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success; demonstrates compassion and understand; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes.
Self-Management: Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule; organized and efficient; ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful; seeks out challenging situations; encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Builds rapport quickly and easily; perceptive and adapts to situations, adjusting comments, emotional responses and non-verbal behaviors accordingly in order to demonstrate respect for the thoughts and feelings of others; remains authentic.
Flexibility: Easily adapts to new methods and procedures; assists others embrace disruptions as opportunities for improvement; responds to change initiatives with positive outlook and energy.
- Associate’s degree with emphasis on Computer Science, IT or related QA field or equivalent software experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in quality assurance
- Experience in testing applications
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Exercise best judgment on identifying the severity of issues.
- Showcase a professional attitude and respect for processes and procedures.
- Accept accountability and lead with integrity.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting practices preferred.
- Knowledge of Patterson products a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.