Outside Sales RepresentativeJob Location Athens, Georgia Job ID 2020-11306
At Patterson Companies, our sales representatives provide products, equipment, technology and innovative solutions to help dental and animal health professionals across North America care for their clients and advance their businesses. We’re looking for sales professionals who:
- Are committed to developing and maintaining strong business relationships
- Bring a customer-first approach to providing recommendations and solutions
- Use sound strategies and a creative approach to drive sales and provide exceptional service
Establish your new sales career at Patterson Companies where you can achieve your professional goals while helping our customers succeed.
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful sales representative at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“My favorite part of being a Patterson rep is having business meetings to ask pertinent questions to unveil our client’s needs, struggles, and desires and follow up with solutions to build rapport and trust for long lasting relationships.” – Tim A., Dental Sales Representative
“As a Patterson sales rep, every day brings new challenges but familiar faces. I get to team up with an incredible inside support staff and many manufacturer representatives to bring unparalleled support to the doctors and practices we serve.” – Kristi H., Dental Sales Representative
“With Patterson’s support, it allows me to help the customer develop effective businesses and production practices by delivering the latest information on products, programs, protocols and innovation that helps them maximize their business outcomes.”
– Doug S., Animal Health International Sales Representative
Achieve assigned sales and gross profit quotas within the assigned territory for Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, by calling on retail agricultural and feed stores and large mixed animal veterinary practices.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International, Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Develop an awareness of customer’s personal operation and needs
- Perform the steps in the selling process
- Provide service that is appropriate for account potential
- Develop strategies for each major account
- Budget time and activities appropriately
- Keep territory records current
- Maintain a current knowledge of Company products, policies, procedures, programs, selling skills, market conditions, and competition
- Maintain a good driving record
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good planner and organizer
- Solid selling skills
Education or Formal Training:
- 4 year degree in business or related subject preferred
- Experience may be substituted for formal education
- Inside/Outside sales experience strongly preferred
- Experience in the Animal Health Industry preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General Office Equipment
- Selling related materials
- Company vehicle
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Move up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent travel required
- Occasional overnight travel as required
- Stationary position 50% of the time
- Moving 50% of the time
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Territory Sales Representative Queens, New York
- Territory Sales Representative Chicago, Illinois
- North East RDSO Territory Sales Manager (New York, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut) Portland, Maine, Montpelier, Vermont, Concord, New Hampshire, Providence, Rhode Island, Town of New Haven, Connecticut, Boston, Massachusetts
- Software Technology Advisor Raleigh, North Carolina
- Territory Sales Representative Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Arlington, Virginia, Alexandria, Virginia
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.