Operations ManagerJob Location Bryant, Arkansas Job ID 2020-11143 Apply
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
What can you expect as an Operations Manager?
As an Operations Manager with Patterson Dental, you will partner with the General Manager and Regional Leadership team to develop local market strategy by aligning branch and corporate initiatives to encourage growth of current business and cultivate new customers.
You will direct and supervise all branch and sales operational functions, including but not limited to: repair and installation of dental equipment and technology, purchasing, customer service, operating statements, and inventory management. This role requires a unique skill-set that bridges the space between branch operations, technical services, and sales functions, which could include a team upwards of 35 people.
In addition, this role is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of best practices, standards, and operational procedures while identifying process improvement opportunities.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with the General Manager to develop budgets and allocate financial resources to achieve business goals through top-line growth and reduction in operational waste
- Using KPIs, manage branch profit and loss performance through creation of best practices and optimization of efficient employee and department workflows in support of operational process improvement and all associated asset management
- Develop and manage project plans in support of the sales and technical service life-cycle, including delegating responsibilities to key sales, technical service, and operations staff and holding staff accountable for executing for on project deliverables
- Managing merchandise, parts, and equipment inventory processes and inventory turns, including the resolution of inventory variances
- Responsible for building strong relationships with customers, as well as building strong working alliances with internal departments or facilities to ensure proper management of the sales and service life-cycles
- Partner with relevant branch and company departments to develop a successful and healthy organization through designing and executing on a team and customer-focused culture by finding the knowledge and skills to bridge operational gaps, creating optimal workflows, and aligning internal processes
- Review and evaluate the work of direct reports to assess job performance by completing regular performance reviews and holding direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals
- Encourage the growth of all direct and indirect reports through skill development and goal setting
- Coach, motivate, and recognize the accomplishments of all employees to expand job performance, increase engagement, and commitment
- Actively determine personnel needs to ensure branch obligations are met and participating in the talent selection process including hiring and promotion recommendations
- Resolve employee issues in an effective, prompt, and consistent manner and promote an inclusive environment where different employee perspectives are valued
- Ensure team direction and work support and are aligned with Patterson strategic priorities
- Communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business, finance or related field; equivalent experience will be considered
- 8+ years experience working in an alike operational role, including operations management, finance, inventory management, accounting, human resources, or related environment
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in leading teams and fostering highly collaborative work environments, championing innovation, and advancing the capabilities of high performing teams
- 5+ years of experience managing KPI reporting or profit & loss statements through drawing insights from the data and analyzing trends
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, exercising diplomacy and good judgment.
- Advanced computer proficiency, including Microsoft 365 and expert-level experience with MS Excel
- Related dental industry knowledge is a plus
- MBA or other masters-level degree
If this sounds like the fast paced challenge you are looking for, we strongly encourage you to submit your application for the Operations Manager opening!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.