Inside Sales Rep IPrimary Location Buffalo, Minnesota Job ID R101566 Apply
As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR), for Animal Health International, you will assist customers and sell animal vaccines, prescription medications, and animal health supplies/merchandise. You are responsible for generating and increasing sales through inbound and outbound sales calls, while handling inbound customer calls with professionalism, skill and expediency.
To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. To request a reasonable accommodation, notify Human Resources or the manager who oversees the position.
- Ensure accuracy of customer transactions in order entry system such as orders, quotes, returns, etc.
- Maintain accurate customer and territory records; document all customer interactions and potential sales opportunities.
- Gain understanding of and adhere to Accounts Receivables policies and practices.
- Run sales reports for all sales activity.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery.
- Verify price and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customer profitability profiles.
- Multitask and work within multiple computer systems and communication platforms simultaneously.
- Develop strong working relationships across the business/functions, as well as with customers and manufacturing partners.
- Provide impeccable customer service and sales support; respond to customer queries, answer questions and solve problems in a timely fashion.
- Make regular outbound calls to assigned customers/territories.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers in a timely manner.
- Identify customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and/or solutions.
- Use appropriate selling tactics such as up-selling and cross-selling when needed.
- Educate customers about product features and benefits to grow sales and improve customer satisfaction.
- Generate referrals from current customers and manufacturers’ representatives.
- Maintain a current knowledge of consumer preferences, company products, programs, market conditions, and competition.
- The Inside Sales Representative may perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional customer service and organization skills.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Animal Health, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in sales and/or animal health/agriculture; such as farm or ranch and experience working with cattle, swine, poultry, or equine
- Inside sales experience; previous success exceeding sales goals is a plus.
- Proficiency in SAP
·Lifting or Carrying, occasional, up to 25 pounds
·Sitting or Standing, majority of work day
·Operate a computer of other office devices
·Talking and hearing, position involves frequent communication with customers, inside staff, etc, and requires ability to understand and effectively exchange accurate information
·Reading and sight, requires frequent review of customer information
Travel and On-call
·This position provides the opportunity for minimal travel (10%) in a regional area for a sales ride-along or training opportunity.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.