General ManagerJob Location Charlotte, North Carolina Job ID 2017-4697 Apply
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental andveterinary supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
Who are we looking for?
Patterson Dental is looking for a results-oriented leader with a history of strong sales and operations success, preferably as a manager in the dental or medical device field.
What can you expect as a General Manager?
As a General Manager, you will direct and supervise the sales and internal operations of the branch, including management of the sales team. You will partner with the Operations manager to develop firm strategies to further the branch's maximum growth and profitability while providing quality service to the customer.
- Analyzing and evaluating sales activities as well as market trends and customer needs for sales optimization.
- Developing sales team by providing ongoing training and development and by giving specific and constructive feedback to foster development of skills.
- Reviewing and evaluating the work of direct reports to assess job performance
- Partnering with Operations Manager to create a customer service culture within the branch.
- Identifying process improvements to increase efficiency or reduce costs
- Participating in the selection process determining personnel needs to ensure coverage on all jobs and that branch obligations are met.
What background and experience is needed?
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in sales, management, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 3 years of experience with a proven track record in sales is required. General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required. Previous experience in the following areas: customer service, sales and asset management is preferred, as is previous experience supervising sales teams. Related industry knowledge is a plus.
The ability to effectively lead people and build a high performing team, being adaptable, and facilitate ongoing development is key. Possessing a high business acumen, strong decision making skills and a strong customer focus is vital.
- General Manager Charlotte, North Carolina
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Sales Representative San Francisco, California, Phoenix, Arizona
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Tucson, Arizona
- Field Service Technician Phoenix, Arizona
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Customer Service Representative Kansas City, Missouri
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.