Field Service TechnicianJob Location Chicago, Illinois Job ID 2019-8968
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
Who are we looking for as a Field Service Technician?
Patterson Veterinary is looking for an independent worker who is interested in the field of veterinary medical device equipment repair, maintenance and installation.
Field Service Technician Overview:
As a Service Technician, you provide repair and installation on a variety of veterinary equipment and products. The Service Technician learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of veterinary medical devices. Training is supplied by mentorship program with other branch technicians, manufacturers, online training courses and the Patterson Technology Center.
- Independently responds to assigned customer service calls, diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
- Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
- Relays any special problems to Service Coordinator following each call.
- Ensures that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Loads, delivers, installs, and specs equipment.
- Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of equipment sold.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Completes all required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, purchase card, and equipment related items).
- Returns defective modules, assemblies or parts to the local office and labels items.
- Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
- Ensures proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Follows specific manufacturer, Federal/State, BHR guidelines for repairs.
- Complies with all company, OSHA, or other agencies’ policies related to asepsis.
- Assists management in analyzing pricing strategies and other Service Department procedures.
- Serves as a technical contact for assistance with the training and ongoing technical support for other technicians, sales staff and administrative staff.
- Performs other Field Service Technician duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Previous X-Ray experience preferred.
- Technical training in electronics or related technical field is preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Veterinary Technician will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a field service technician in the veterinary/human medical field is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift and load equipment into vehicle and unload at repair or installation site.
- Must be able to lift 100lbs.
- Electrical, schematic reading, plumbing, mechanical or carpentry skills are helpful.
- Travel is required.
If the Field Service Technician opportunity sounds like the career you are looking for, we encourage you to submit your application today!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Field Service Technician - Dental Equipment Indianapolis, Indiana
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
- Field Service Technician Worcester, Massachusetts, Framingham, Massachusetts, Providence, Rhode Island
- Field Service Technician Santa Maria, California
- Service Technician - Dental Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.