Field Service TechnicianJob Location Columbus, Ohio Job ID 2017-5795 Apply
Who are we looking for?
Patterson Veterinary is looking for an independent worker who is interested in the field of bio-medical (veterinary) device and equipment repair.
What can you expect as a Service Technician?
As a Service Technician, you provide repair and installation on a variety of veterinary equipment and products. The Service Technician learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of veterinary medical devices. Training is supplied by mentorship program with other branch technicians, manufacturers, online training courses and the Patterson Technology Center.
- Independently responds to assigned customer service calls, diagnosing problems and making appropriate repairs.
- Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
- Relays any special problems to Service Coordinator following each call.
- Ensures that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Loads, delivers, installs, and specs equipment.
- Trains customers on the use and basic maintenance of equipment sold.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Completes all required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, purchase card, and equipment related items).
- Returns defective modules, assemblies or parts to the local office and labels items.
- Manages vehicle inventory and restocks as necessary.
- Ensures proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Follows specific manufacturer, Federal/State, BHR guidelines for repairs.
- Complies with all company, OSHA, or other agencies’ policies related to asepsis.
- Assists management in analyzing pricing strategies and other Service Department procedures.
- Serves as a technical contact for assistance with the training and ongoing technical support for other technicians, sales staff and administrative staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Save
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Previous X-Ray experience preferred.
- Technical training in Bio-med/electronics or related technical field is a plus.
- At least 4 years experience as a field service technician or field repair technician in a dental/medical environment required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift and load equipment into vehicle and unload at repair or installation site.
- Must be able to lift 100lbs.
- Electrical, schematic reading, plumbing, mechanical or carpentry skills are helpful.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, we invite you to submit your application.Click herefor information regarding the hiring process at Patterson!
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.