Inside Sales Rep IJob Location Columbus, Nebraska Job ID 2021-12639
At Patterson Companies, our sales representatives provide products, equipment, technology and innovative solutions to help dental and animal health professionals across North America care for their clients and advance their businesses. We’re looking for sales professionals who:
- Are committed to developing and maintaining strong business relationships
- Bring a customer-first approach to providing recommendations and solutions
- Use sound strategies and a creative approach to drive sales and provide exceptional service
Establish your new sales career at Patterson Companies where you can achieve your professional goals while helping our customers succeed.
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful sales representative at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“My favorite part of being a Patterson rep is having business meetings to ask pertinent questions to unveil our client’s needs, struggles, and desires and follow up with solutions to build rapport and trust for long lasting relationships.” – Tim A., Dental Sales Representative
“As a Patterson sales rep, every day brings new challenges but familiar faces. I get to team up with an incredible inside support staff and many manufacturer representatives to bring unparalleled support to the doctors and practices we serve.” – Kristi H., Dental Sales Representative
“With Patterson’s support, it allows me to help the customer develop effective businesses and production practices by delivering the latest information on products, programs, protocols and innovation that helps them maximize their business outcomes.”
– Doug S., Animal Health International Sales Representative
Generate and increase sales through inbound and outbound telephone sales that meet and exceed budgeted expectations while handling inbound customer calls with professionalism, skill and expediency
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Make regular outbound calls to assigned customers/territories and document in CRM
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers in a timely manner
- Identify customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and/or solutions
- Use appropriate selling tactics such as up-selling and cross-selling when needed
- Present, price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customer profitability profiles
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, returns, etc.
- Travel to assigned territory as needed to further develop relationship and build rapport with new and existing customers
- Educate customers about product features and benefits to grow sales and improve customer satisfaction
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery
- Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes, and product developments by attending sales meetings, manufacturer trainings, trade shows and/or reading trade journals
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Promote teamwork and a positive attitude
- As Assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of sales
- Problem solving and analytic sales
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic and passionate
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer skills, including MS Office
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s degree in an Animal Health related field and/or sales and Marketing is preferred
- Knowledge of company products through previous animal health care and/or sales experience is preferred
- Novice in program sales, prospecting and/or account management skills
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Computer, including MS Office and other software
- General Office Equipment
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Stationary position 75% of the time
- Move up to 30 lbs.
- Less than 10% travel and as required
Positions Reporting to This Position:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.