Purchasing SpecialistJob Location Columbus, Ohio Job ID 2019-9632 Apply
The Branch Procurement Specialist is responsible for the equipment/parts order life cycle, from start to finish. This includes supporting and coordinating with the Sales and Service departments. Project planning and management for all equipment and parts orders, from start to finish, is managed by this role.
- Fulfills all equipment orders from Equipment Specialists, Territory Sales Representatives and all internal/external customers, while maintaining an optimum inventory of items and determining an ideal source for purchase
- Manages invoices, prepares purchase orders, maintains equipment files, processes credits and returns, and tracks first payment
- Verifies orders upon receipt from the shipper and stages equipment for delivery or installation
- Project Management: Creation of quotes, contracts, and equipment files; Coordinates the installation of equipment with the Service Department, Equipment Specialist, Territory Salesperson and the Customer
- Works closely with TechEdge Service Coordinator(s) for all resource and project planning
- Assigns and schedules service requests from clients or company personnel.
- Manages all warranty claims, manufacturer repairs, and item maintenance
- Manages the parts life-cycle: ordering, receiving, invoicing, returns, and inventory management
- Responsible for the life cycle of service order (creates, edits, completes and invoices service orders)
- Demonstrates a commitment to Patterson’s values and professionalism through appropriate conduct at all times
- Responsible for assisting team with local event planning and special marketing promotions
Project planning for this position will track the entire cycle of an equipment/parts order including:
- Sales quotation
- Sales order
- Equipment orders (PO) / Timing determination between vendors and customers
- Site evaluation
- Resource planning (scheduling)
- Punch list
- Associate’s degree or above with general business or accounting concentration preferred, or 2-5 years equivalent experience
- Has strong organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills, demonstrates sound judgment and excellent decision-making abilities, and shows a great attention to detail
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to positively contribute to the Branch team environment by taking initiative to learn and improve upon skillsets
- Uses technology with efficiency, including Microsoft 365 and SAP CRM and ECC platforms
- 1-3 years previous experience in the Dental Industry
- Previous working experience with project management
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
- SAP Functional Manager - Customer Experience Greeley, Colorado
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
- Inventory Control Clerk South Bend, Indiana
- Service Technician II - Dental Lenexa, Kansas, Kirksville, Missouri, Lake Ozark, Missouri
- Territory Sales Representative Santa Maria, California
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.