Supply Chain PlannerJob Location Columbus, Nebraska Job ID 2019-9236 Apply
The Supply Chain Planner is a highly skilled supply chain professional. The Supply Chain Planner’s main responsibility is to provide an uninterrupted flow of materials for their assigned products or locations while optimizing total supply chain costs and fulfillment targets. The Supply Chain Planner will have knowledge of their assigned products and vendor base. Through financial analysis, they will be able to evaluate purchase decisions against total supply chain costs. The Supply Chain Planner will manage inventories and lead times using SAP tools and statistical techniques.
- Analyze daily KPI reports with a goal to improve supply chain performance
- Responsible for optimizing inventory levels and fill rates across the Patterson distribution network so that service level targets are met
- Establish and maintain appropriate target stock levels, safety stock, and surge stock levels using SAP and statistical inventory management tools and techniques
- Utilize product forecasts, SAP models and tools. Communicate forecasts to vendors as needed
- Responsible for managing the excess (overstock) and obsolete process for assigned products. Identify and communicate obsolescence reserve requirements to the Supply Chain Specialist for disposition, returns and/or disposal. Coordinate disposition, returns, and disposal
- Coordinate Vendor product recalls with all functional groups
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ethics & Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs the primary focus of one’s actions.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
- Decision Making: Uses decision criteria and information to evaluate risk and set a course of action
- Business Acumen: Has an understanding of the business, and general knowledge of financial and planning methods and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, industrial engineering or related field or equivalent combination of Associate’s degree and relevant experience.
- 0-3 years purchasing and planning experience in related industry including:
- Material planning and forecasting using ERP tools preferably SAP
- Inventory Management experience, including excess and obsolete management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work and influence others from different functional areas and levels within and outside the organization
- Excellent organizational, decision making and analytical skills
- Strong math skills with an understanding of statistics
- Knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques (lean, 6 sigma etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office - (Word, Excel, Power Point Etc.)
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a Fortune 500 Distribution/ Logistics environment
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.