District Sales ManagerPrimary Location Concord, California Job ID 2021-12776 Apply
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
Who are we looking for as a District Sales Manager?
Patterson Dental is looking for results-oriented individuals with a history of strong sales success who is interested in leading and developing a successful sales team.
District Sales Manager Overview
As a District Sales Manager, you are responsible for managing staff within an assigned district, ensuring efficient and profitable direction in achieving District and Branch goals.
District Sales Manager duties:
- Analyzing and evaluating sales activities as well as market trends and customer needs for sales optimization.
- Developing sales team by providing ongoing training and development and by giving specific and constructive feedback to foster development of skills.
- Foster a “practice partner” mentality with Doctors and staff by analyzing business needs, discussing benefits and features of equipment and technology solutions, coordinating product demonstrations, explaining return on investment and tax advantages, and discussing emerging trends in the dental industry.
- Being well versed on Patterson products and services, industry information and possessing competitive intelligence.
- Reviewing and evaluating the work of direct reports to assess job performance.
- Participating in the selection process determining personnel needs to ensure coverage on all jobs and that branch obligations are met.
- Maintaining accurate records for prospects, customer orders, sales records, and other financial activity.
- Other duties related to the District Sales Manager position.
What background and experience is needed for the District Sales Manager role?
- The ideal candidate will possess a 4 year degree or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in business to business sales or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the dental industry.
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Three of more years of demonstrated sales experience in the dental sales or related field is preferred.
- A strong initiative with exceptional customer service, planning and problem solving skills is desired.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate are highly preferred qualities.
- The ability to effectively lead people and build a high performing team, being adaptable, and facilitate ongoing development is key.
- Previous success attaining and exceeding sales goals is a plus.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, we invite you to submit your application for the District Sales Manager position.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
#WeArePatterson. We welcome you.
- Shipping Supervisor-2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Material Handler I Sioux Center, Iowa
- Inventory Control Clerk Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Hershey, Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Inventory Control Clerk Blythewood, South Carolina
- Accounting Intern Eagan, Minnesota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.