Fleet Driver IIIJob Location Dublin, Texas Job ID 2019-8654 Apply
Animal Health International, Inc. is the premier animal health company in North America and has been serving the needs of customers for more than 50 years. We are currently seeking a full-time Class A CDL Driver to ensure timely deliveries and first rate customer service.
- Monday - Friday, NO weekends or overnights!
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday and Volunteer Time
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401k and company stock
Pay rate: $$20/per hour
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Demonstrated exceptional performance in:
Transacting all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct
- Aligning with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Driving assigned vehicle and delivering/picking up products
- Collecting money from customers and helping resolve service complaints
- Loading and unloading assigned vehicle
- Operating all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieving assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Helping maintain a secure, organized, clean, and safe warehouse and vehicle
- Handling all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
- Assuring routine maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle and vehicle is in a good and safe condition at all times
- Knowledge of overall fleet driving operations responsibility and expectations
- Job and industry knowledge
Demonstrated exceptional performance in:
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal goals and fleet goals and objectives
- Performing all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing
- Maintaining acceptable driving record and current driver’s license at all times
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Exceptional ability to drive assigned vehicle and knowledge of delivery area and ability to read maps
- Exceptional proven and repeatable success with DOT documentation and adherence to timelines
- Must be bondable
- Exceptional ability to work as an effective team member and train others
- Exceptional ability to operate all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Exceptional problem solving skills and overall job performance
- Exceptional job knowledge, experience and time management skills to allow for minimal supervision
Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Required to obtain DOT certification
- Required to obtain Haz Mat endorsement and certification
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a delivery driver required
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General office equipment
- General warehouse equipment including various lift equipment, mobile ladder, weigh scale and pallet jack/pallet cart/hand cart
- Assigned vehicle/vehicles
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Loading and unloading a vehicle
- Moving up 50% of the time, stationary position 50% of the time
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Move hand and pallet jacks with pallets, totes or barrels weighing up to 2,500 lbs.
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.