Accounting InternPrimary Location Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2021-12729 Apply
Patterson Companies is looking for an Accounting Intern to support the Companion Animal vendor reimbursement accounting and control processes. The role has recurring monthly duties related to vendor reporting, communication, and accounting and is a great entry to understanding Companion Animal’s vendors, products and an SAP environment. The ideal candidate will have a basic excel background, solid communication skills and an interest in accounting and finance.
- Generate monthly reporting of reimbursements earned on vendor promotions.
- Communicate with vendors on current and past due reimbursements.
- Track and apply vendor payments against promotional receivables.
- Records all related journal entries in SAP.
- Prepare account reconciliations and SOX controls as assigned.
- Data gathering, analysis and report development using SAP.
- Documentation of all reporting processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Looking for someone the entire school year.
- Junior or senior student pursuing four-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Interest in learning SAP – no previous SAP experience required
- Interest in business process and experience in financial reporting and analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with the rest of the team
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Adapts to changing priorities and manages deadlines
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- CDL Fleet Driver Clovis, New Mexico, Hereford, Texas, Amarillo, Texas
- Material Handler Supervisor Ocala, Florida
- Warehouse Associate Ferndale, Washington, Bellingham, Washington
- Fleet Driver - CDL Ferndale, Washington
- Outside Sales Representative Madison, Wisconsin, La Crosse, Wisconsin, Dubuque, Iowa
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.