Legal Counsel IIPrimary Location Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2021-12492 Apply
Partnering with business leaders, this position is responsible for supporting and advising on employment legal issues related to the company’s primary dental, animal health, and corporate business units. The objective of the role is to assist internal stakeholders in advancing business priorities while balancing and minimizing potential legal considerations and liabilities.
This position will focus on legal research, legal drafting, advice giving and some litigation management in multiple jurisdictions in assigned employment areas of responsibility. Independently leads and manages comprehensive and timely set of projects, responsibilities, or legal requests directly from internal stakeholders. Analyzes issues, proposes solutions, and engages senior legal advisors as appropriate. Prepares reports, summaries, or guidance in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Draft, analyze, interpret and enforce a variety of employment-related contracts and agreements, including employment, separation, non-competition, no solicitation, confidentiality and consulting agreements and corresponding obilgations
- Develop and maintain related forms and templates for multiple jurisdictions
- Advise internal stakeholders related to obligations, enforceability and violations of employment agreement provisions as well as misappropriation of trade secrets. Explain impacted risks and practical solutions
- Maintain files, spreadsheets and reports
- Create and partner with stakeholders to implement processes and process improvements
- Conduct extensive fact research
- Oversee litigation, arbitrations, grievances, mediation and negotiations related to areas of responsibility
- Manage outside counsel and related professional services
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize effectively and process a high volume of work in a timely fashion. Good drafting and analytical skills and an ability to advise a diverse range of clients. Self starter with proven ability to make independent and sound decisions with great communication skills, reliable judgment on when to seek guidance or subject matter expertise and a strong ability to build rapport and deal effectively with disagreements.
Law Degree required from an accredited law school. Admitted to a state bar. Minimum 5-8 years legal experience, with in-house experience preferred. Proficiency with Windows applications and electronic discovery required.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Quality Systems Compliance Specialist II Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
- Territory Sales Representative Providence, Rhode Island
- Inventory Control Clerk Bessemer, Alabama
- Material Handler I Dinuba, California
- Order Filler Part Time 3-9pm Columbia, South Carolina
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.