Principal Software EngineerJob Location Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9677 Apply
The Principal Software Engineer is accountable for the development and implementation of standards and processes around definition, development, test, analysis, and maintenance of software applications in support of the business. This includes processes and standards on writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Principal Software Engineer will also lead the effort to research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
- Lead research, identification, and analysis in order to fulfill requirements of all internal and external stakeholders for new or existing software applications.
- Identify risk and provide recommendations, drive the software engineering schedule, and lead the effort in performing software improvements and upgrades.
- Create well-written code to enhance functionality and/or performance of software applications and lead software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
- Collaborate with Architects to develop and maintain code quality and architecture standards.
Agile Team Work:
- Drive the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, estimates, and implementation.
- Develop standards and reusable process for all software engineering.
- Provide technical advice, instruction and training to software engineers with less experience.
- Drive highest level support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Collaborate with peers, managers and customers to resolve problems with software products or company software systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 7 years of programming experience required, with demonstrated experience building custom large-scale, customer facing SaaS application(s).
- Extensive experience in all aspects of application development and project life cycles.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience of coding methods and best practices.
- Proven experience in object oriented programming and in multiple development technologies with proven ability to maintain software products written in different languages and platforms
- Extensive database (relational and hierarchical) and operating systems experience.
- Good experience in driving an application architecture
- Deep experience using source code management system
- Experience with corporate governance and developing business cases and return on investment analyses
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
- Inventory Control Clerk South Bend, Indiana
- Inside Sales Rep I Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Business Warehouse Developer III Eagan, Minnesota
- Principal Architect Eagan, Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Customer Service Rep II San Diego, California
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.