Small Equipment Repair SpecialistJob Location Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9421 Apply
The Small Equipment Repair Specialist is responsible for the inspection of, cleaning, repair, and condition testing for small dental equipment which could include sterilizers and handpieces. These items are fully restored on site and returned to each customer in a like-new condition.
Why join Patterson Dental National Repair?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business. Employees at the National Repair Center have been working with dentists for decades and understand how important handpieces and other small equipment are to a practice. Our customers benefit the knowledge that comes from our certified technicians who can diagnose and fix nearly any issue, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
As a Small Repair Equipment Specialist you will:
Repair Dental Items:
- Read schematics and diagrams.
- Disassemble and clean items.
- Repair and test to ensure items is ready to be returned using hand tools.
- Assist in identifying items that need to be sent to manufactures for repair.
- Monitor inventory levels and request parts stock.
- Transfer parts between warehouses to complete repairs.
- Increase/decrease stock levels based on usage.
- Conduct annual physical inventory, as well as regular spot check.
- Contact manufactures for repair assistance or part inquiries.
- Articulate repair situations and findings with customers.
- Utilize other team members for repair assistance.
- Partner with customer experience coordinators to create customer repair estimates.
- Utilize Microsoft Office products to track repair information.
- Proficient typing skills are necessary.
Small Equipment Repair Specialist Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude.
- Expresses strong customer service orientation through excellent written and verbal/phone communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand assembly drawing and instructions.
- Uses technology with efficiency and possesses basic computer skills, including knowledge in Microsoft 365/MS Office.
- Ability to positively contribute to the team environment by taking initiative to learn and improve upon skillsets.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- One year minimum in call center, retail, or alike customer service environment.
Small Equipment Repair Specialist Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent trade school completion.
- Previous repair experience or customer service experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Part-time Material Handler Roanoke, Texas
- Material Handler - Part time Roanoke, Texas
- Manager, Information Security Risk and Compliance Saint Paul, Minnesota
- SAP Functional Manager - Customer Experience Greeley, Colorado
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.