Small Equipment Repair SpecialistJob Location Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2021-12152
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
The Small Equipment Repair Specialist is responsible for the inspection of, cleaning, repair, and condition testing for small dental equipment which could include sterilizers and handpieces. These items are fully restored on site and returned to each customer in a like-new condition.
Why join Patterson Dental National Repair?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business. Employees at the National Repair Center have been working with dentists for decades and understand how important handpieces and other small equipment are to a practice. Our customers benefit the knowledge that comes from our certified technicians who can diagnose and fix nearly any issue, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
Position responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
Repair Dental Items
- Read schematics and diagrams
- Disassemble and clean items
- Repair and test to ensure items is ready to be returned using hand tools
- Assist in identifying items that need to be sent to manufactures for repair
- Monitor inventory levels and request parts stock
- Transfer parts between warehouses to complete repairs
- Increase/decrease stock levels based on usage
- Conduct annual physical inventory, as well as regular spot check
- Contact manufactures for repair assistance or part inquiries
- Articulate repair situations and findings with customers
- Utilize other team members for repair assistance
- Partner with customer experience coordinators to create customer repair estimates
- Utilize Microsoft Office products to track repair information
- Proficient typing skills are necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Expresses strong customer service orientation through excellent written and verbal/phone communication skills
- Ability to read and understand assembly drawing and instructions
- Uses technology with efficiency and possesses basic computer skills, including knowledge in Microsoft 365/MS Office
- Ability to positively contribute to the team environment by taking initiative to learn and improve upon skillsets
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- One year minimum in call center, retail, or alike customer service environment
- Associate degree or equivalent trade school completion
- Previous repair experience or customer service experience
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Kearney, Nebraska
- Service Technician - Dental Hartford, Connecticut, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Service Technician II Providence, Rhode Island
- Service Technician - Dental Concord, California, Fairfield, California, Marin City, California, Napa, California, Santa Rosa, California, Vallejo, California, Novato, California, Petaluma, California
- Service Technician - Dental Taunton, Massachusetts, New Bedford, Massachusetts
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.