Software Engineer IIIJob Location Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2019-9462 Apply
The Software Engineer III’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of Patterson software requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Engineer III will also lead the research, design, documentation and modification of software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
- Collaborate with clients, developers and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Define, develop, and document software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as needed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Agile Team Work
- Participate in and may lead the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform and may lead program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Help mentor Software Engineer peers through technical advice and reference.
- Provide Level 2 support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Partner with other Engineers in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 5 years of programming experience required. Should have prior experience within various platforms and languages
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile applications
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Fluency in object oriented programming and design
- Extensive database and operating systems experience
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Ability to develop and maintain software products written in different languages and platforms
- Familiarity with corporate governance, business cases, and return on investment concepts
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.