Warranty Claims ProcessorJob Location Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2021-11453 Apply
The Warranty Claims Processor is responsible for processing and monitoring dental equipment warranty claims and acts as a liaison between field service personnel and manufacturers on warranty policies. This position will also act as a liaison between vendors and internal financial shared services to ensure proper payment by vendors and credits are applied to Patterson Dental.
Why join the Patterson Dental National Repair Center team?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business. Employees at the National Repair Center have been working with dentists for decades and understand how important handpieces and other small equipment are to a practice. Our customers benefit the knowledge that comes from our certified technicians who can diagnose and fix nearly any issue, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
Monitor Warranty Claims
- Utilize both Company and vendor (where applicable) programs to monitor incoming claims
- Receive feedback from vendors regarding claim credits and declines, and communicate back to field service
- Contact internal financial shared services or field branch locations regarding aging claims to ensure prompt return to and credit from vendor partners
- Research warranty requirement policies for multiple vendors
- Receive incoming shipments of parts from field service (branch locations) on daily basis
- Consolidate parts by vendor
- Ensure all appropriate documentation required by both Patterson and manufacturers accompany each returnable part
- Prepare consolidated returns for shipment to vendors
- Enter required claim/returns data into vendor portals as required by various vendors
- Update SAP system to reflect status of return/claim
- Utilize Company programs to research and answer inquiries from both internal and external partners
- Create required shipping documents
- Create clear and concise email and/or fax communications
- Understand and have the ability to clearly explain claim requirements
- Resolve warranty claim discrepancies between field service (branch locations) and manufacturer
- Communicate all changes of vendor warranty policies and/or processes to internal OCM group for change management distribution
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds multiple times a day.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 60 percent of the time This position requires occasional or frequent moderate physical activity.
Environmental Factors: This position requires slight but potential exposure to biohazards (blood borne pathogens).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Expresses strong customer service orientation or related experience through excellent written and verbal/phone communication skills, with a two-year minimum experience in customer service environment
- Proven understanding of vendor warranty concepts and possession of the ability to research concepts and data
- Exhibits strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, demonstrates sound judgment and excellent decision-making abilities, while showing a great attention to detail
- Prior experience in shipping or receiving process that includes creating or interpreting transportation documentation
- Uses technology with efficiency and possesses core computer skills, including knowledge in Microsoft 365 business suite
- Ability to positively contribute to the team environment by taking initiative to learn and improve upon skillsets
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training
- Previous experience in a service, repair, or parts management center environment
- Ability to read and understand parts schematics
- Experience using SAP or similar customer relationship management (CRM) system
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- DevOps Engineer III *Remote Opportunity* Chatsworth, California, Chicago, Illinois, Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota, Houston, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Raleigh, North Carolina, Seattle, Washington, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Sales Operations Specialist Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
- Equipment Manager – Strategic Accounts Kansas City, Missouri, Chicago, Illinois, Eagan, Minnesota, Dallas, Texas
- Operations Manager Concord, California
- Service Technician - Dental Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.