Infrastructure Manager IJob Location Effingham, Illinois Job ID 2020-10822 Apply
Position can based out of our Corporate office in Minneapolis, MN or Technology Center in Effingham IL.
The Infrastructure Manager I will lead one or more of Patterson’s Infrastructure and/or Security teams, which are focused on the architecture, design, and delivery of Patterson’s mission critical infrastructure and client computing services, as well as the underlying financial, contract and vendor management required to support the services. The IT Infrastructure Manager I works closely with Patterson stakeholders and industry partners to develop enterprise standards for specific platforms and technology areas, and effectively communicates the Infrastructure and Security groups’ vision and direction to team members and other groups throughout the organization. This position leads and leverages people and integrates technology solutions to provide efficient and cost-effective services to our business partners.
- Provide leadership to team members by developing services in alignment with Patterson’s IT and business strategies. Manage the day-to-day activities required to meet established SLA’s and respond to customer requests.
- Possess and convey knowledge of infrastructure technologies, client computing solutions, and service management processes as well as the ability to consistently implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Infrastructure organization.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, implementation, and support activities required to meet strategic objectives, customer SLAs (Service Level Agreements), and project budget and schedule commitments.
- Lead the development of Infrastructure strategies, standards, baselines and roadmaps for applicable technology areas. Leverage vendors and partners as appropriate to ensure solutions are up-to-date and are following industry best practices.
- Provide the financial, contract, and vendor management expertise required to deliver complex IT services to customers. Work with Patterson stakeholders in finance, legal, and risk management to develop effective strategies that ensure cost-effective terms and conditions are included to provide an appropriate service level at acceptable levels of risk.
- Ensure proper monitoring and incident resolution processes are designed and implemented to meet customer SLAs.
- Encourage the growth of all direct and/or indirect reports through skills development, objectives and goal setting. Hold direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals; mentor staff; measure staff performance and complete regular performance reviews and rankings.
- Work closely with other IT management to develop effective line function definitions and deliverables. Ensure the highest levels of service delivery, systems availability, security controls and disaster recovery through the development of effective standards and the implementation of best practices for IT services.
- Oversee both direct and indirect reporting relationships with technical teams to ensure the highest level of competency and execution of business focused objectives.
- Provide metrics and statistics to measure the operational effectiveness of the responsible line functions. Ensure all established processes have measurements in place, as well as a method for review and process improvement.
Communication: Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations; listens well to various points of view; relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success; demonstrates compassion and understand; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes.
Self-Management: Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule; organized and efficient; ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful; seeks out challenging situations; encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
Decision Making: Makes quality decisions in a timely manner based on current information/data and experience; communicates decisions quickly and effectively to effected parties internally and externally.
Innovation: Demonstrates a creative approach to problem solving; Understands, adapts and implements new approaches effectively and efficiently that resolves current and future challenges while providing unique solutions for the business; Ability to articulate new approaches such that others in the organization understand the value and solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, or the equivalent in directly related experience
- 4 to 6 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 2 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-function teams and projects
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of IT Infrastructure and Security, including industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence key stakeholders and team members
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a collaborative, cross-functional, international team environment
- Experience leading as a team player that plans and executes to meet deadlines, while promoting a positive work environment
- Successful completion of ITIL Foundations certification
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to interact with and influence cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
- General Manager Eagan, Minnesota
- Operations Manager La Vista, Nebraska
- Operations Manager Richmond, Virginia
- Equipment Sales Specialist Charlotte, North Carolina
- Service Technician II - Dental (Northern Michigan Territory) Grand Rapids, Michigan, Traverse City, Michigan, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.