Software Engineer IIJob Location Effingham, Illinois Job ID 2019-9305 Apply
The Software Engineer II’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of Patterson software requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Engineer II will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
- Collaborate with clients, developers, and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Help research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as directed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Agile Team Work
- Participate in defining software development plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Provide Level 2 support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Partner with others in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
Ethics and Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customer and their needs the primary focus on one’s actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 3 years of programming experience required. Should have prior experience within various platforms and languages.
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile applications
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Extensive database and operating systems experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in object oriented programming and design
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Part-time Material Handler Roanoke, Texas
- Material Handler - Part time Roanoke, Texas
- Manager, Information Security Risk and Compliance Saint Paul, Minnesota
- SAP Functional Manager - Customer Experience Greeley, Colorado
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Hereford, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.