Support Specialist Tier 1Job Location Effingham, Illinois Job ID 2021-11848 Apply
The Support Specialist - Tier I properly responds to incoming customer requests, via phone, email, and/or chat session, to ensure the customer's questions are answered in a timely manner. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving customer requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain service level expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Respond to incoming customer requests via phone, email and/or chat sessions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues in a timely manner including the use of software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Meet or exceed department performance metrics such as calls per hour, call lengths and adherence to schedule, etc.
- Maintain technical expertise and proficiency with all related and relevant software and computer systems.
- Follow-through and tracking to ensure escalated and active issues are researched and resolved in such a manner to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with customers for follow-up when required.
- Maintain relevant skills and credits via internal support continuing training courses.
- Follow established department processes and procedure.
- Escalating issues and communicating appropriately with peers and management to ensure customer issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Customer Engagement: Builds a rapport with the customer, understands and represents the customer needs when making business decisions and communicating internally; Guides customers to best solutions.
Flexibility: Easily adapts to new methods and procedures; assists others embrace disruptions as opportunities for improvement; responds to change initiatives with positive outlook and energy.
Communication: Actively listens and communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and non-verbally. Demonstrates compassion and understanding; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes. Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations.
Self-Management: Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule; organized and efficient; ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful; seeks out challenging situations; encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Maintains credibility by following through with commitments; Takes responsibility for mistakes; exhibits professional and appropriate emotional response to situations.
Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service orientation
- Requires excellent verbal communication skills
- Requires a consistent, positive attitude and respect for high quality standards
- Excellent computer skills
- Requires the ability to make quick, sound judgments when answering questions
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Committed to being a team player
- Requires the ability to recall numerous guidelines and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Associate's Degree
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment -- multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and task follow-up skills; adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines
- Actively volunteers for various projects, tasks and event committees
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Paternity and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.