Technical Training InstructorJob Location Effingham, Illinois Job ID 2020-11163 Apply
The Technical Training Instructor is responsible for coordinating self-study, classroom & eLearning-based training for new and existing Patterson employees. They coordinate and track training and compile weekly and monthly reports. The person in this role will help develop and conduct training on applicable topics. They will anticipate needs and answer advanced questions about training processes.
• Conduct and develop content for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for PTC team members.
• Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
• Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
• Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
• Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
• Execute established testing and evaluation procedures
• Manage and maintain Workforce Management and Learning Management Systems
• Assist with development and administering on-boarding and mentor programs
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development, or related field
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Requires a consistent, positive attitude and respect for high quality standards
• Requires the ability to make quick, sound judgments
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
• Requires the ability to recall numerous guidelines and procedures
• Strong organizational, attention to detail and task follow-up skills; adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines
• Master's Degree
• Industry knowledge
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven problem solving capabilities and skills.
• Excellent computer skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.