Test Automation Engineer IPrimary Location Effingham, Illinois Job ID 2021-12513 Apply
The Test Automation Engineer role is to write manual and automated test scripts, perform test execution, and track defects using the defined QA tools, processes, and methodology. The Test Automation Engineer will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to automate QA processes and test scripts in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in initiatives.
- Adhere to Patterson standards for business and departmental requirements, objectives, and specifications.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods
- Participate in new and sustained Software Development Projects
- Maintain test scripts based off QA documentation that can be reviewed and utilized for other Automation resources
- Create and execute test scripts using existing documentation and minimal hands-on direction, this will lead into writing basic scripts
- Create dynamic and ever-evolving automation scripts that are repeatable and executable by everyone on the QA Team
- Perform issue tracking, reporting and resolution of issues found during testing
- Participate in research, evaluation and implementation of automated testing tools.
- Provide regular status as directed throughout the release cycle to management & other team members
- Perform any other job duties as assigned by management
- Associate degree with emphasis on Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, OR any equivalent combination of education and/or education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- 2+ Years of experience in quality assurance/development
- Knowledge of database or web technologies such as SQL, XML, HTML and sufficient understanding of client/server communications. Experience with Azure Table Storage is a plus
- Ability to exercise best judgment when identifying the severity of issues
- A Quality Assurance or Automation certification is a plus
- Knowledge of and commitment to the quality of Patterson Products
- Willingness to accept accountability and lead with integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication with both technical and non-technical people
- Professional attitude and respect for processes and procedures
- Experience with Azure Devops and Visual Studio
- Comprehensive understanding of software test methodologies including white box, black box, functional, unit, feature, regression, integration, performance and scalability.
- Experience of developing data driven manual tests.
- Experience in creating automated test scripts using Coded UI or any scripting tool
- Test Script Creation experience beyond record/playback
- Good understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Experience using source code management system
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager and Lab Management
- Knowledge of SDLC and Software Development methodologies
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivation and drive, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and complex problem-solving abilities
- Ability to quickly comprehend data/information in order to generate new ideas
- An innovative approach to learning and implementing new trends and ideas
Dedication to internal and external customers
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Inventory Control Clerk 2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote - IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Bloomington, Illinois, Bolingbrook, Illinois, Elmhurst, Illinois, Moline, Illinois, Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, Warrenville, Illinois, Gurnee, Illinois, Oak Park, Illinois
- Agricultural Engineer Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Service Technician Atlanta, Georgia
- Service Technician Fargo, North Dakota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.