Retail Sales RepresentativeJob Location El Paso, Texas Job ID 2019-9607 Apply
Animal Health International, a premier leader in animal health products and supplies has an opening to join our team. We are currently seeking a Retail Sales Representative to assist retail customers and sell merchandise from either the store or showroom. If you are customer serviced oriented and like to work with a dynamic team, this could be the oppoturnity you are looking for. If you happen to be bilingual (Spanish/English)...even better!
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Greet walk-in customers
- Maintain a clean and attractive store appearance
- Complete all steps of a customer transaction
- Place new merchandise on display
- Fill orders in their entirety prior to sending out paper work
- Display key seasonal products
- Enter data of sales orders from route salesman and retail customers
- Take inventory of stock
- Requisition merchandise from stockroom
- Answer the telephone and assist the customer
- Replenish the retail stock daily
- Accountable for balancing assigned cash tray
- Accountable for daily cash deposits and daily receivables deposit including cover sheets and taking deposits to the bank
- As Assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills, including MS Office
- Knowledge of how to operate a cash register
- Knowledge of products and programs
- Familiar with banking and accounting principles
Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification
- A background in farm or ranch work along with experience in working with livestock is helpful
- One year of general office experience
- One year of retail sales or merchandising experience
- Warehouse experience a plus
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Computer, including MS Office and other software
- General Office Equipment
- Cash Register
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Moving 75% of the time
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.