Field Service Technician - DentalJob Location Framingham, Massachusetts Job ID 2019-8733
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
Who are we looking for as a Field Service Technician?
Patterson Dental is looking for an independent worker who is interested in the field of bio-medical (dental) device and equipment repair.
Field Service Technician Overview:
As a Field Service Technician, you provide repair and installation on a variety of dental equipment and products including networking, computers and software in a Windows environment. The Field Service Technician learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of devices. Training is supplied by mentorship program with other branch technicians, manufacturers, online training courses and the Patterson Technology Center.
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental and veterinary supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
- Determining parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests and using, maintaining, and securing test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Managing vehicle inventory and restocking as necessary.
- Ensuring proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Repairing equipment to meet manufacturer’s specifications as well as all company, OSHA or other agencies’ policies related to asepsis.
- Providing technical support after initial installation of equipment, PC software and hardware and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Other duties as related to the Service Technician position.
What background and experience is needed as a Field Service Technician?
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General mechanical aptitude with prior experience in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, heating, electricity, and/or electronics is required.
- Competencies in the areas of customer service, organization, problem-solving, and interpersonal and communication skills are highly desired.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
- Technical training in the bio-medical or electronics field is preferred.
- General computer proficiency, including knowledge of Windows-based programs and experience with peripherals such as printers, backups, scanners and modems is strongly preferred.
What physical capabilities are required?
You must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, we invite you to submit your application for the Field Service Technician opening! Click here for information regarding the hiring process at Patterson
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Field Support Technician Yuma, Arizona
- Field Service Technician Birmingham, Alabama, Gardendale, Alabama
- Field Service Technician Dalhart, Texas
- Field Service Technician - Dental Framingham, Massachusetts, Braintree, Massachusetts, Taunton, Massachusetts
- Field Service Technician - Dental Equipment Detroit, Michigan, Flint, Michigan
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.