Field Support TechnicianJob Location Garden City, Kansas Job ID 2020-11041
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
The Field Support Technician services, troubleshoots, and repairs all types of equipment and systems in operation at any or all customer locations within their assigned territory. The FIeld Support Technician will perform effective, safe and efficient tasks and responsibilities of the Animal Health International facilities or departments in accordance with all company policies, procedures, and applicable laws. The Field Support Technician works in cooperation with Operations Management and all of the Operational Business Teams to direct the movement of products from the manufacturer to the customer in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of equipment and systems in operation at any or all customer locations.
- Monitor systems at assigned customer locations for proper operation and make adjustments or repairs as needed.
- Monitor inventory of products used at assigned customer locations to assure that inventory is adequate for continuous operation at all times.
- Deliver products from warehouse to customer location as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and training to customers as needed for proper operation of equipment and systems to achieve desired results.
- Provide technical assistance and support as needed to customers during non-working hours (evenings) and when “on-call” (weekends).
- Travel to customer locations in company vehicle and maintain vehicle and personal driving record to meet company requirements.
- Complete all records and documentation as required.
- Work overtime as required and without notice if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned to the Field Support Technician.
- At least one year of work in equipment service or operation of agricultural equipment required.
- High school diploma is required.
- Technical school degree or college degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak limited Spanish is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong math, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of Windows based PC’s.
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic devices and their use.
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to pass a criminal background check, drug test, and motor vehicle record check.
- Knowledge of cattle feeding, feeding systems, feed ingredients, and feed formulation is desired.
Work Environment / Required Physical Activity
- Outdoor service work 10-40% of the time.
- Lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Occasional ladder climbing and work on elevated equipment.
- Local travel 75-100% of the time.
- Limited overnight travel.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Field Support Technician - Turnkey Garden City, Kansas, Dodge City, Kansas
- Service Technician - Dental - Lexington, KY Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky
- Service Technician - Dental - Louisville, KY Louisville, Kentucky
- Technology Technician II Morgantown, West Virginia, Charleston, West Virginia
- Service Technician Richmond, Virginia
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.