Field Support TechnicianJob Location Garden City, Kansas Job ID 2018-6885 Apply
Turnkey Computer Systems LLC, a Patterson Company, is the premier provider of accounting and management solutions to the feedyard industry. We bring Information and Management together.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician with the following attributes: willing to work independently and/or in a group environment to provide technical support and training to customers on proprietary software products, hardware, and business solutions.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Provide technical support, maintenance, and repair for Animal Health International Inc.’s software offerings
- Prepare list of necessary equipment for each installation
- Responsible for software installation projects
- Train customers in the use of software
- Provide technical assistance as needed
- Available for consultation and support which includes nights and weekends on-call as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Good analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Quick learner
- Energetic and Passionate
- Ability to climb on roof tops and mount antennas
- Computer skills, including MS Office
- Ability to design, install, and configure simple networks
Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma is required
- Bachelors degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience
- Two years of related experience is a plus
- Agricultural/Beef industry experience is a plus
- Troubleshooting Windows operating system
- Wireless networking experience preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Computer, including MS Office and other software systems
- General office equipment
- Hand tools & drill
- Move up to 60 lbs
- Travel 50-60% of the time, including some overnight travel
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.