Accounting SpecialistJob Location Greeley, Colorado Job ID 2021-11764 Apply
As part of the Customer Rebate/Commission team, the Accounting Specialist provides accurate, timely financial data to individuals across all levels of the organization and customers.
This department maintains, reconciles, and processes payments of customer rebates for Animal Health Internationals sales representatives. Additionally, this department maintains, reconciles, and processes the commission program for Animal Health International and Patterson Vet sales representatives including Spiff and Agency payments.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Administer proper assignment of rebates per the agreements between Animal Health International and our customers, in SAP or manual calculations.
- Oversee the billing; reconciliation and reimbursement of all customer rebates.
- Assist in researching rebate differences between Animal Health International Inc., the customer, and/or the sales rep
- Provide monthly analysis of commission reports to Regional Controllers in accordance with the Animal Health International commission program.
- Prepare and record journal entries in SAP to record monthly accruals.
- Assist in researching commission requests between Animal Health International Inc., the sales rep, and/or sales managers.
- Perform maintenance relating to rebates to include gathering necessary approvals and set up in SAP.
- Assist management in analyzing their business to improve operating and financial performance.
- Assist in the processing of Commissions in accordance with the Patterson Vet commission program(s)
- Assist in researching commission requests between Patterson Vet Payroll, sales rep, and management
- Work with Patterson Vet Payroll to insure Commissions timely and accurately paid.
- Assist with cross-training functions within the department
- Other Duties/Responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to function in a team environment
- Financial and business exposure to accounting information systems a plus
- Computer skills, Office Excel, Outlook, ERP systems such as SAP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Financial and business background
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
- 2-3 years related experience
Compensation Range: 17.69-22.90
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees.
Please click here for an overview of benefits offered.
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.