Accounts Payable Specialist IIJob Location Greeley, Colorado Job ID 2019-9356 Apply
We are seeking a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist to perform a variety of accounts payable focused accounting tasks. The Accounts Payable Specialist role is responsible for processing daily invoices into accounts payable systems using a three (3) way match-up process within SAP.
Accounts Payable Specialist responsibilities include keeping A/P vendor accounts current and reconciled, invoice entry for inventory purchased matching to the purchase order/goods receipt using the accounting software programs identifying and communicating any discrepancies.
- Providing invoice entry into accounting system verifying cost, freight, misc. charges associated with inventory purchases for the accounts payable department.
- Accurate, timely, appropriate invoice entry using automated accounting system ensuring adequate documentation for SOX compliance.
- Engaging in check preparation process, reconciling vendor statements, communicating and/or resolving discrepancies.
- Enter invoices against purchase orders and verify accuracy of invoices.
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct,
- Other job duties as assigned to the accounts payable specialist role.
Accounts Payable Specialist Requirements:
- High school Diploma required.
Familiarity with 3-Way match process using an automated accounting system.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts payable clerk.
- A successful accounts payable clerk should be familiar with all accounting/department procedures.
- Have a flair for numbers along with great organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3+ years related accounting experience in a professional environment using MS Office.
- Understanding of payment terms and discount structure.
- Ability to handle high volume data-entry to support multiple business units.
Preferred Accounts Payable Specialist Experience:
- Associate Degree in accounting preferred or equivalent of 3-5 years of experience in accounting.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer systems or SAP.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.