Category AnalystJob Location Greeley, Colorado Job ID 2019-9842 Apply
The Sourcing Analyst utilizes purchasing, sales and inventory data and strong analytics to make strategic sourcing recommendations, enable the sales team and drive data utilization and optimization in support of the Patterson sourcing strategy.
This position will interact with our supply base to ensure compliance with on-boarding process, contracts, and rebate agreements.
Main Function Group 1— Communication
- New Supplier set up- responsible for providing proper documentation to suppliers, ensuring documentation is filled out accurately, and track the progress of the set-up process
- New item setup- responsible for providing proper documentation to suppliers, ensuring documentation is filled out accurately, and track the progress of the set-up process
- Own supplier contract database and status communications.
- Develop, implement, and train sourcing teams on standard reporting templates, which will assist the team in supplier performance, product line negotiations, category rationalization, and rebate analysis.
- Provide inventory reports to internal and external stakeholders in accordance with supplier contracts and Patterson policies.
- Accurately blend data from multiple systems and business segments to create comprehensive reporting.
Main Function Group 2— Category/Sourcing Analytics
- Monitor external market developments and internal Supply Chain Sourcing conditions such as production issues, future price changes and product line rationalization to forecast and communicate impact to the business on assigned supplier base.
- Establish rapport with other Patterson teams, build effective relationships, and share wins and successes
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather and analyze supplier purchasing and inventory data in order to make recommendations on supplier rebate programs and/or contracts
- Creates and distributes to internal stakeholders the Vendor score cards
- Assists in the management of the Vendor score cards and Supplier improvement plans
- Assist in supplier relationship management of assigned Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers.
Ensure assigned supplier base is compliant with onboarding process, contracts and rebate
Main Function Group 3— Continuous Improvement
- Develops and maintains the Standard Operating Procedures for the Sourcing teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
This role will have 10-15% travel.
Customer Focus - Listens and understands departmental and Organizational needs and develops value-added partnerships with customers. Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customers implement solutions and achieve objectives. Provides timely resolution to customer requests and issues.
Technical Expertise - Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas. Leverages technical skill, knowledge, and best practices to provide solutions to business problems. Stays current with latest trends and developments within the profession or technical specialty.
Self-Management - Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed. Monitors priorities, manages time, and requests resources appropriately when confronted with changing demands. Demonstrates a positive outlook, and remains calm and in control in stressful situations.
Problem Solving - Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution. Asks effective questions to gather information and data to clarify the details of the problem. Analyzes data, understands patterns and translates into meaningful information. Explores options and utilizes available information to recommend workable solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Supply Chain or Finance or eight years of relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and financial acumen
- Experience with foundational data handling tools, data mining tools and BI platforms.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands and heavy workload
- Proficiency in MS Office - (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) or other related analytical tool
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment -- multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Has good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Shows a great attention to detail
- 3+ years of applicable experience in data analytics
- Experience in a Distribution / Logistics environment
- Experience with SAP
- Proficiency in MS SharePoint
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Inside Sales Rep I Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Material Handler II Liberty, Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri
- Software Engineer III - Turnkey Computer Systems Fargo, North Dakota
- Software Engineer II - Turnkey Computer Systems Fargo, North Dakota
- Software Engineer II - Turnkey Computer Systems Amarillo, Texas
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.