SAP EDI Analyst IIIJob Location Greeley, Colorado Job ID 2018-8523 Apply
The SAP EDI Analyst III is responsible for EDI, Application to Application Integration and Business to Business Integration for Patterson’s multiple SAP and EDI systems. The EDI Analyst will work with the SAP Architect team to define and design strategies around EDI and ERP integration. They will manage EDI projects and coordinate with the business and trading partners to define requirements, execute testing and deployment of those EDI projects. They will also work with SAP functional and development teams on implementation requirements. The SAP EDI Analyst is also responsible for performing and managing all EDI and Integration related production support.
- Partner with the business, customers, vendors, and third parties to gather requirements, understand issues, answer questions, and provide training and guidance
- Partner with various departments within the organization including sales, procurement, logistics and accounting to define project requirements and priorities
- Co-develop with the Architect team the EDI implementation guidelines for external partners and define Patterson Companies’ standard offerings for EDI services, including expected timelines and service levels
- Monitor all Inbound and Outbound EDI, ensuring all EDI transactions are processed accurately and on schedule
- Provide daily technical support for all EDI activity, including failed EDI transmissions and transactions, escalating issues as necessary to appropriate resources
- Develop functional, technical and data specifications and documentation
- Manage EDI-specific master data and cross references
- Coordinate SAP functional and development resources on EDI projects
- Perform and coordinate testing
- Provide communication, documentation and training as necessary to the business users and trading partners who will be impacted by EDI and Integration project
- Identify and recommend enhancements to EDI processes or configuration to improve reliability and performance
- Help and mentor less experienced EDI Analysts to be successful in their role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business; or a combination of education and experience related to EDI or Integration
- At least 5 years of experience with EDI document standards (EDI ANSI X12 documents including 850, 855, 856, 810 and 867)
- At least 5 years of experience in SAP CRM, ECC and/or ERP – MM, SD, FI, ABAP, IDocs - in the areas of implementation, enhancement and/or production support of EDI
- Proficiency with XML, XSD and general schema development concepts, as well as traditional EDI structures such as ANSI X12 and EDIFACT
- Good understanding of EDI and Integration concepts of collecting, transforming, exchanging & consuming data
- Proficiency with EDI mapping tools and trading partner configurations
- Knowledge and working experience with various communication protocol, including but not limited to FTP, SFTP, AS2, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English with demonstrated proficiency with management of technical projects/programs
- Working ability to investigate issues and develop solutions independently
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Ability to work with little supervision while being accountable for individual and departmental results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp technical concepts independently
- Prefer experience working with SAP Process Integration or SAP Process Orchestration systems and/or support teams
- Previous supply chain, logistics or transportation industry experience desired
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.