General ManagerPrimary Location Greenville, South Carolina Job ID 2021-12699 Apply
Who are we looking for as a General Manager?
Patterson Dental is looking for a results-oriented leader with a history of strong sales and operations success, preferably as a manager in the dental or medical device field.
General Manager Overview:
As a General Manager, you will direct and supervise the sales and internal operations of the branch, including management of the sales team. You will partner with the Operations manager to develop firm strategies to further the branch's maximum growth and profitability while providing quality service to the customer.
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is a value-added distributor focused on providing best-in-class products, services and technology to the dental and animal health markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
- Analyzing and evaluating sales activities as well as market trends and customer needs for sales optimization.
- Developing sales team by providing ongoing training and development and by giving specific and constructive feedback to foster development of skills.
- Reviewing and evaluating the work of direct reports to assess job performance.
- Partnering with Operations Manager to create a customer service culture within the branch.
- Identifying process improvements to increase efficiency or reduce costs.
- Participating in the selection process determining personnel needs to ensure coverage on all jobs and that branch obligations are met.
- Perform other general manager duties as required.
General Manager Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in sales, management, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience with a proven track record in sales is required.
- Background in the following areas: customer service, sales and asset management is ideal.
- Previous experience supervising sales teams is highly preferred.
- A high business acumen, strong decision making abilities, along with a strong customer focus is required.
- The ability to effectively lead people and build a high performing team and facilitate ongoing development is key.
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office and CRM systems.
- Related industry knowledge is nice to have.
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
Why Join Patterson?
Click here to see what it’s like to be a part of our winning team! Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
#WearePatterson We welcome you.
- Inventory Control Clerk 2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote - IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Bloomington, Illinois, Bolingbrook, Illinois, Elmhurst, Illinois, Moline, Illinois, Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, Warrenville, Illinois, Gurnee, Illinois, Oak Park, Illinois
- Agricultural Engineer Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Service Technician Atlanta, Georgia
- Service Technician Fargo, North Dakota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.