Strategic Account ManagerJob Location Kansas City, Missouri Job ID 2021-11531 Apply
As a Strategic Account Manager, you are responsible for driving profitable sales growth by prospecting and developing new business opportunities, presenting our business solution, and onboarding and advancing accounts by regularly contacting custom corporate offices and regional operations personnel. You will be working with our local sales teams aligned with each assigned account throughout the country. This role will require someone to travel throughout country based on the location of assigned accounts.
Who are we looking for?
Patterson Animal Health is looking for motivated and passionate business-minded professionals who strive for success with a successful track record of working with large accounts, closing business, detail oriented with advanced follow-up skills and a desire to own one’s income potential.
Strategic Account Manager Responsibilities include:
- Have a single focus; to rapidly add and develop new corporate customers to Patterson Veterinary Supply
- Collaborate and build relationships with local branch managers, territory reps and equipment specialists to develop solutions for our corporate business partners.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with current strategic accounts.
- Develop and implement clear sales strategies for all account contacts to ensure an effective roll-out to the sales organization.
- Being well versed on Patterson products and services, competitive intelligence and industry information.
- Identify and implement “Value-Add” Programs based on needs of account.
- Communicate and provide customers with solutions positioning their organization for growth
- Maintaining accurate records for prospects, customer orders, sales records, and other financial activity
- Accountable for market share growth in assigned accounts.
- Network with industry professionals, vendors and customers to develop growth opportunities and relationships
- Other duties related to the Strategic Account Manager position.
Travel and On-Call:
This position requires frequent travel (75% and above) on a national level.
- Bachelor’s degree with more than 5 years experience in business to business sales or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective at managing large, multi-location customer base
- A strong business acumen and ability to lead
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, negotiating and execution skills
- Previous success attaining and exceeding sales goals
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required.
- You must possess a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time.
- 4+ years of Animal Health industry experience.
- Masters of Business Administration
- Experience in reading financial information and a clear understanding of margins and the impact on the company’s financial position
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- On-Boarding Specialist Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- Order Filler - $300 sign on bonus! Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- Receiver - $300 Sign on Bonus! Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- Inventory Control Clerk - 2nd Shift - $300 sign on bonus! Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- Senior Compensation Analyst Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota, Chicago, Illinois
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.