Vet Technology SpecialistJob Location Kansas City, Missouri Job ID 2021-11476 Apply
The PVS Technology Specialist consults with the Territory Managers to evaluate current customer’s business practices and make strategic recommendations to the customer about the integration of Patterson technologies with their current practice system’s capabilities. This position will develop branch technology sales and installations to achieve budgeted sales volume and other established goals, including increasing market penetration and maintaining acceptable gross profit levels on all technology sales.
- Actively identify opportunities and sell Patterson Veterinary technology products and solutions in order to assist the account growth and meet their business needs.
- Expected to achieve and exceed regular sales goals and targets presented by the TSM. Will be eligible for commissions, bonuses and sales contests as detailed by the TSM in the Technology Specialist compensation plan.
- Will keep and record accurate sales activity and notes as required by the TSM.
- The Technology Specialist will develop a territory sales plan to achieve goals, which will be approved by the TSM.
- The Technology Specialist will complete certain products and sales campaigns as assigned.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with branch manager, territory manager, customers, vendors and other Company personnel.
- Consults with territory managers, branch manager and customers to assess and meet customer technology needs.
- Assist the customer with designing a software solution and a business flow that will suit their needs. Recommend improvements and upgrades as appropriate.
- Act as an ongoing advisor to Patterson Vet customers regarding their technology structure and software packages.
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is completed and financial arrangements are secured to complete sales.
- Collaborate with the PTC to resolve software issues as necessary.
- Attend, participate in, and support meetings and activities (technology events and marketing activities), as requested by the branch manager, region manager, or corporate office.
- Professionally represents the Company in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Attends Patterson Vet meetings at the National and Branch level.
- Performs other vet technology specialist duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong user knowledge of MS Windows.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one veterinary practice management and/or clinical software application
- Knowledge of veterinary industry and general practices.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- DevOps Engineer III *Remote Opportunity* Chatsworth, California, Chicago, Illinois, Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota, Houston, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Raleigh, North Carolina, Seattle, Washington, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Sales Operations Specialist Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
- Equipment Manager – Strategic Accounts Kansas City, Missouri, Chicago, Illinois, Eagan, Minnesota, Dallas, Texas
- Operations Manager Concord, California
- Service Technician - Dental Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.