Fleet Driver IIIJob Location Kearney, Nebraska Job ID 2021-11704 Apply
As a Fleet Driver you will perform effective, safe and efficient driving duties.
Fleet Driver Responsibilities and essential job functions:
- Transacting all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics & conduct and all policies
- Aligning with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Driving assigned vehicle and delivering/picking up products
- Collecting money from customers and helping resolve service complaints
- Loading and unloading assigned vehicle. Ensure all loads are properly secure for transport.
- Operating all the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieving assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Helping maintain a secure, organized, clean, and safe warehouse and vehicle
- Handling all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assuring routine maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle and vehicle is always in a good and safe condition
- Adherence with DOT drug & alcohol testing.
- Follow all local, state and federal motor carrier laws.
- Follow company biosecurity policies and customer biosecurity protocols as required.
- Submit all required daily, weekly and monthly compliance reports.
Other Fleet Driver Duties/Responsibilities:
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal goals and fleet goals and objectives.
- Performing all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing.
- Maintaining acceptable driving record, current driver’s license and applicable endorsements.
- May require overnight runs.
- Other Fleet Driver duties as assigned.
- Moving 50% of the time.
- Stationary position 50% of the time.
- Load and unload a vehicle.
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Move loads on pallet jack (w/pallets/totes/barrels) weighing up to 2500 lbs.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Assigned vehicle/vehicles.
- Electronic Driver Logs as required.
- General warehouse equipment.
- General office equipment.
Fleet Driver Education or Formal Training:
- CDL, Class A, Hazmat and Tanker endorsement, driving vehicles or combination vehicles up to 80k GVWR.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Obtain a satisfactory MVR review.
- Maintain additional endorsements as required by equipment (airbrakes, tanker)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle.
- Knowledge of delivery area and ability to read maps.
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Basic problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Effective time management skills.
Preferred Fleet Driver Qualifications:
- One-year experience as a delivery driver preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.