Outside Sales RepresentativeJob Location Kearney, Nebraska Job ID 2019-8914
At Patterson Companies, our sales representatives provide products, equipment, technology and innovative solutions to help dental and animal health professionals across North America care for their clients and advance their businesses. We’re looking for sales professionals who:
- Are committed to developing and maintaining strong business relationships
- Bring a customer-first approach to providing recommendations and solutions
- Use sound strategies and a creative approach to drive sales and provide exceptional service
Establish your new sales career at Patterson Companies where you can achieve your professional goals while helping our customers succeed.
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful sales representative at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“My favorite part of being a Patterson rep is having business meetings to ask pertinent questions to unveil our client’s needs, struggles, and desires and follow up with solutions to build rapport and trust for long lasting relationships.” – Tim A., Dental Sales Representative
“As a Patterson sales rep, every day brings new challenges but familiar faces. I get to team up with an incredible inside support staff and many manufacturer representatives to bring unparalleled support to the doctors and practices we serve.” – Kristi H., Dental Sales Representative
“With Patterson’s support, it allows me to help the customer develop effective businesses and production practices by delivering the latest information on products, programs, protocols and innovation that helps them maximize their business outcomes.”
– Doug S., Animal Health International Sales Representative
Who are we looking for as an Outside Sales Representative?
Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team. As an Outside Sales Representative you will be responsible for achieving assigned sales and gross profit quotas/goals for our Animal Health business unit within an assigned territory.
- Regularly contact current and potential clients in the production animal and animal health industry.
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Develop an awareness of customer's personal operation and needs.
- Provide service that is appropriate for account potential.
- Develop strategies for each major account.
- Budget time and activities appropriately.
- Keep territory records current.
- Maintain a current knowledge of Company products, policies, procedures, programs, selling skills, market conditions, and competition.
- Maintain a good driving record.
Education or Formal Training:
- Four year degree in business or related subject preferred.
- Experience may be substituted for formal education.
Outside Sales Representative Experience:
- Inside/Outside business to business sales experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in the Animal Health Industry preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good planner, organized, and self-motivated.
- Advanced ability to sell and close deals.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Move up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent travel required
- Occasional overnight travel as required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- Territory Sales Representative Chicago, Illinois
- Strategic Accounts Sales Representative Columbus, Ohio, Louisville, Kentucky, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Equipment Sales Specialist Detroit, Michigan
- CAD/CAM Sales Specialist - Dental New York, New York
- Territory Sales Representative Mount Pleasant, Michigan, Cadillac, Michigan
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.