Material Handler IIJob Location Liberty, Missouri Job ID 2019-9326 Apply
Why join Animal Health International?
This is your chance to set your career in motion! Our future is full of exciting possibilities, and so is yours as part of our team. We believe that work shouldn't be something that you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction and an opportunity to make a real difference!
Through its subsidiaries, Animal Health International, Inc. provides animal health products and services to customers in the food animal and companion animal markets worldwide. We are a recognized leader in our industry.
Our employees share a determination to make a difference, to enhance business success and to drive innovation where and whenever possible. We are not only looking for competent, qualified contributors, but employees who want to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. We are in search of the best and the brightest minds to help fulfill our mission. We offer opportunities that allow you to apply and develop your strengths and we leverage your strengths to help us remain a major leader in our industry. We value the diverse thought and innovative ideas you can bring to the company.
The Animal Health International, Inc. Family of Companies is the right choice for individuals with exceptional ethics, integrity and long-term vision. We promote an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in locations throughout the United States and Canada. Animal Health International is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program, an internet-based employment eligibility verification system.
Perform effective, safe and efficient warehouse duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Demonstrated above average performance in:
- Transacting all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct
- Aligning with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Performing all warehouse duties including picking, packing, receiving, counting and tracking inventory
- Using any/all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Meeting/exceeding assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Helping maintain an organized, clean and safe warehouse
- Handling all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to the Company’s processes/procedures and all applicable laws and regulations
Demonstrated above average performance in:
- Performing all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures, with safety and regulatory licensure compliance
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate all warehouse/equipment machinery
- Ability to meet deadlines, cutoffs and budgetary requirements
- Organization and administrative skills
- Communication skills and ability to work effectively with and transfer knowledge to others
- Industry knowledge of overall warehouse operations
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills with various applications
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years warehouse experience
- Background in warehousing and distribution preferred
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- General warehouse equipment
- General office equipment
- MS Office, Shipping and proprietary software
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Moving 75% of the time
- Move up 75 lbs.
- Frequently grasp, reach, bend and stoop in narrow/confined spaces
Positions Reporting to This Position:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the right to require and assign other duties.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
The Patterson Companies Difference
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.