Pharmacist IJob Location Manchester, Iowa Job ID 2021-11803
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
Ensure the effective, safe and efficient operation of the assigned Pharmacy
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct
- Align with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Manage all aspects of the pharmacy operations
- Help set direction and priority, allocate resources, define job roles, distribute workload and set deadlines
- Operate all of the required pharmacy/warehouse equipment
- Help implement and advise on immediate and long term operational plans and overall budgets
- Help advise and maintain a secure, clean and safe pharmacy/warehouse
- Visit the applicable Pharmacy Boards with Management to help write and/or interpret regulations regarding the legal dispending of Rx drugs to all classes of trade
- Perform all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Knowledge of overall pharmacy/warehouse operations, responsibilities, experiences, time management and expectations to allow for minimal supervision
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate required pharmacy/warehouse equipment/machinery
- Problem solving skills to identify, analyze and recommend solutions with the ability to lead, communicate and transfer knowledge to others
- Some knowledge in all areas concerned with the pharmacy/distribution business
- Ability to meet deadlines, cutoffs and budgetary requirements
- Solid organization and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Solid computer skills with various applications
Education or Formal Training:
- 4-year college degree required
- Pharmacist license required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.