Pharmacy TechnicianJob Location Manchester, Iowa Job ID 2021-12155
As a service technician for Patterson Companies you will install, maintain and repair equipment for either our dental or animal health customers. In this role you can expect to:
- Solve new, exciting challenges every day – from troubleshooting and diagnosing issues to training office staff on newly installed equipment
- Work independently
- Expand your technical knowledge while building rewarding, long-lasting customer relationships
We’re looking for technical professionals who have a general mechanical aptitude, solid problem-resolution skills, and a strong desire to provide excellent service. If you aspire to work for an industry leader, apply today!
- Hours:Full Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Travel: Occasional to Regular
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful service technician at Patterson Companies? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Mechanically minded
- Technical aptitude
- Solution oriented
Health and Well-being
Retirement and Savings Program
Employee Discount Programs
Working at Patterson
“It is wonderful working with a team that is professional and customer experience oriented. Also, good management that truly cares about developing each employee to their best and beyond.” – Tom S., Dental Service Technician
“Being a Navy veteran, I find a very similar sense of comradery amongst other service technicians at Patterson. Everyone is eager to help, at any time.” – Mark L., Dental Service Technician
“Working for Patterson Veterinary has given me more passion to help people and animals.” – Juan G., Veterinary Service Technician
“My job at Animal Health International gives me the opportunity to work independently with the guide of competent and helpful supervisors.” – Clinton C., Animal Health International Service Technician
Looking for a Pharmacy Technician to join our team! If no weekends, no holidays, no evenings and a consistent schedule sound like what you’re looking for; apply to the position we have available! We’re also offering a $300 sign on bonus.
This person will:
- Assist in the daily operation of the pharmacy by performing tasks under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Perform all warehouse and pharmacy duties including receiving, entering prescriptions, picking, counting, labeling, packing and tracking inventory.
- This role assists in the daily operation of the pharmacy by performing effective, safe and efficient tasks and responsibilities assigned to the pharmacy. Under the direction of the pharmacist this role will ensure Patterson Companies customers receive medications meeting all applicable laws and regulations.
Compliant Prescription Filling 50 %
- Prioritize queues to ensure delivery and shipment deadlines are met
- Accurately and efficiently pick and count medications by confirming correct drug, quantity and lot number
- Proofread, generate and apply prescription labels to meet legal requirements under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Document and report all prescription discrepancies and/or errors
Compliant Prescription Processing 25 %
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist ensure all prescriptions meet all federal, state and regulatory requirements
- Prioritize inbound prescriptions based on customer expectations
- Make outbound prescription requests to veterinarians and clinics
- Accurately and efficiently renew, enter, update and file prescriptions
- Proactively renew and input prescription packets to stay current for upcoming business needs
Inventory Control 25 %
- Receive inventory and ensure all proper documentation is in place
- Restock and maintain pharmacy inventory in a clean orderly manner
- Maintain knowledge and training for use of equipment necessary to move inventory
- Document and report all inventory discrepancies, damages and/or errors
- Direct completed prescriptions to proper location and consolidate appropriately
Takes Action:We embrace opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
Instills Trust:We are genuine, committed, and act with integrity in everything we do.
Drives Results:We set challenging goals, hold ourselves accountable, and measure results.
Effective Decision-Making:We make timely and informed decisions that align with business goals.
Customer-Centric:We put our customers at the center of all that we do.
Builds Partnerships: We foster effective communication, teamwork and inclusion.
Personal Development:We actively engage in learning and professional growth
Continuous Improvement: We pursue innovative solutions and improve our business processes
Lifting or carrying
Occasional or frequent moderate physical activity
Up to 50 pounds
Sitting or standing
Occasional or frequent moderate physical activity
Use of hands
Light physical activity
Stoop, bend, or crawl
Light physical activity
- Extreme hot/cold temperatures
- High voltage
- Dirt or dust
- Loud noises
- Hazardous chemicals
- Hazardous machinery
Travel and On-Call:
This position requires no travel per week in an local area.
For this position being on-call is not required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to take and pass the exam to become a certified pharmacy technician with the state Board of Pharmacy
- Good computer skills with various applications
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience
- Attention to detail with ability to problem solve effectively
- Good organization and administrative skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English
- National pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Health career Association (NHA)
- College degree or vocational school certification
- Minimum 1 year of pharmacy experience
- Background in pharmacy dispensing process
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Paternity and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Seasonal Inoculant Service Technician Kearney, Nebraska
- Service Technician - Dental Hartford, Connecticut, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Service Technician II Providence, Rhode Island
- Service Technician - Dental Concord, California, Fairfield, California, Marin City, California, Napa, California, Santa Rosa, California, Vallejo, California, Novato, California, Petaluma, California
- Service Technician - Dental Taunton, Massachusetts, New Bedford, Massachusetts
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.