Accounting ManagerPrimary Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID R101137 Apply
Patterson Companies is seeking an Accounting Manager to advance the capabilities of our Accounting and Finance function.This role will lead the accounting close and controls process for the Companion Animal business unit. This role will also engage with the operations, field, and marketing teams to ensure accounting alignment with organizational actions. This role will lead a team of three.
Ongoing responsibilities will also include:
- Lead monthly accounting close process for Companion Animal team including review of journal entries, account reconciliations fluctuation analyses and key reserve schedules.
- Complete SOX procedures and coordinate with internal and external auditors.
- Develop team knowledge and procedures in areas of inventory, rebates, prepaids, accruals and other areas of focus.
- Support Patterson Animal Health projects and processes from an accounting and control perspective.
- Support a strong control environment and focus on continuous improvement.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 8+ years of experience, with 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Team-focused leader with passion for talent development.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to apply them to complex transactions.
- Sound understanding of SOX principles and requirements.
- Strong Excel and data reconciliation skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills that provide direct messages, influence change, and can be understood by financial and non-financial business partners
- CPA and/or public accounting experience
- Previous experience with SAP
- Department Manager Blythewood, South Carolina
- Sr Director, IT Infrastructure Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
- Territory Sales Representative Odessa, Texas, Lubbock, Texas, Midland, Texas
- Fleet Driver - CDL Twin Falls, Idaho
- Warehouse Associate Chandler, Arizona
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.