BI Analyst IPrimary Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID R101573 Apply
The Business Intelligence Analyst empowers users of Patterson’s business intelligence tools by understanding the business process and relevant data flows associated with that process, understanding the capabilities of different business intelligence tools, and matching business needs with the relevant data and tools. The Business Intelligence Analyst may train a user on the relevant data or tool set for the user to answer their own business question (self-service), brainstorm an ad-hoc solution with the user and source the data for the user via advanced query tools or methods, or promote the request to a Business Intelligence project, to create a standard process or report that multiple users can utilize once move to a production environment. The Business Intelligence Analyst will also complete ad hoc analysis based on requests from senior leadership.
- Maintain general understanding of end-to-end data process for assigned business processes
- Maintain detailed understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence opportunities related to assigned business processes
- Maintain training materials around assigned business process, mainly related to business intelligence opportunities
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence Lead in assessing business needs against current data process and business intelligence opportunities
- Brainstorm solutions with Business Intelligence Analyst, business representation, and IT Business Intelligence team members, matching business need to current data process and business intelligence opportunities
- Document business requirements for proposed solutions, if needed
- Collaborate with Finance on work related projects for possible cross-training
- Performs other duties as assigned, including ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus on analytical and communications skills. Preferred focuses include: Business (Accounting, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, MIS), Computer Science, Statistics.
- 0-1 years of experience in a business or technical analysis role.
- Strong Excel skills (i.e. v-look ups, standard formulas, etc)
- Experience with SAP BusinessObjects (BOBJ) Reporting Tools
- Experience with SAP BusinessWarehouse (BW)
- Experience with other Business Intelligence Reporting tools
- Other reporting and analytics tools (MicroStrategy)
- Experience with SQL
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.