Lead Cloud Infrastructure EngineerJob Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 2021-11851 Apply
In support of our shift to a cloud-first strategy, we are seeking a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to build and deliver market leading, enterprise-class cloud ecosystem. As a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will partner closely with our Application Development and Data teams, and work collaboratively with Infrastructure to select, build, and configure the right technologies and platforms to enable accelerated development and/or migration of applications. You will focus on performance, reliability, security, continuity, and resiliency. Cloud Infrastructure Engineering takes an Infrastructure-as-Code approach to building in the cloud and strives for automation wherever and whenever possible. You will be crucial in accelerating speed to market and innovation, but also in ensuring that we are adhering to security and compliance principles, are cost effective, and are building rock solid, highly available systems.
- Serve as the key contact for assigned applications and troubleshoot complex system problems in partnership with the use/client community, internal, and vendor IT staff.
- Deploy, manage, automate and scale cloud and on premise technical computing services to support product development teams.
- Partner with platform teams on deployment pipelines (building, configuring, troubleshooting), and provisioning/scaling of new infrastructure and platforms
- Work with technical teams to resolve issues, install, and test upgrades and customizations.
- Monitor assigned systems and applications performance to maintain agreed to performance metrics. Take proactive steps to improve performance when necessary. Escalate issues to management.
- Participate in technical on-call services as needed to ensure timely and high-quality incident resolution.
- Participate in cross-training, architectural design, capacity planning, and recommendations for future state.
- Use continuous deployment tools to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments.
- Define changes to the application infrastructure in Azure and guide the Engineers in the setup/changes and implementation of new technology solutions.
- Partner with App Dev and Infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new systems and technologies
- Document application systems, process flows, and support processes.
- Participate in meetings to review processes and identify requirements and/or needs.
- Define needs by documenting processes; includes research, planning and writing supporting documentation.
- Communicate effectively with management to enhance their understanding of the opportunities and limitations of information systems.
- Research engineering practices and recommend solutions to solve problems or alleviate pain points.
Takes Action: We embrace opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
Instills Trust: We are genuine, committed, and act with integrity in everything we do.
Drives Results: We set challenging goals, hold ourselves accountable, and measure results.
Effective Decision-Making: We make timely and informed decisions that align with business goals.
Customer-Centric: We put our customers at the center of all that we do.
Builds Partnerships: We foster effective communication, teamwork and inclusion.
Personal Development: We actively engage in learning and professional growth
Continuous Improvement: We pursue innovative solutions and improve our business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences or area of functional responsibility preferred, or equivalent years of industry work experience
- At least 7 years of IT Infrastructure experience with increasing responsibilities
- 3+ years Enterprise experience with Azure; maintaining, supporting and deploying to Azure.
- Familiar with web-based applications
- Support application/system migration from on-premise to Azure
- Proficiency with ARM templates and other Infrastructure-as-Code tools for consistent, repeatable infrastructure deployments
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles Design and development experience with engineering software design tools
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Windows environments
- Strong Scripting experience required with strong focus on PowerShell
- Proficiency with version control systems e.g. git, SVN, CVS
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Experience in designing and implementing a continuous integration pipeline (CICD)
- Experience with Azure Automation and Hybrid worker
- Familiar with basic security principles (certificates, identity management, authorization, etc.)
- Experience with Azure AD, PIM, RBAC and MSI’s
- Familiar with configuration management tools preferably Desired State Configuration
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in Stage and Production environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conduct research into issues as required
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Ability to read and comprehend code in C/C++. C# and scripting languages
- Familiarity with TFS, VSTS, ServiceNow and project tracking systems
- Experience with automated testing (functionality, performance, volume)
- Proficiency using metrics to measure and monitor application and infrastructure performance
- Microsoft cloud focused certification
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.