Principal Software Engineer - Feature Team *Remote Opportunity*Job Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 2020-11412 Apply
The Principal Software Engineer is accountable for the prioritization, development, quality, performance, scalability, security, and operationalization of SaaS products in support of the business. This includes processes and standards on writing, coding, testing, security, production monitoring & alerting, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Principal Software Engineer will also lead the effort to research, design, document, and modify software definition through ongoing production monitoring and support. As a technical leader in the organization, the Principal Software Engineer champions a DevOps Culture, highly scalable architectures, and lean development utilizing Agile practices.
- Lead research, identification, and analysis in order to fulfill delivery of value for all internal and external stakeholders for new or existing software applications
- Create well-written code to enhance functionality and/or performance of software applications and lead software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
- Focus on automation, continuous improvement, and lean delivery of value for customers
- Identify risk and provide recommendations and lead the effort in performing software improvements, deployments, and operationalization
- Collaborate with Architects to develop and maintain code quality and architecture standards
- Partner with Product Owners and team members to drive the definition of software development plans, including scoping, estimates, implementation, and operationalization and drive for results
- Develop standards and reusable process for all software engineering
- Provide technical advice, instruction and training to software engineers with less experience
- Drive highest level production monitoring, scaling, alerting, and support to optimize value to customers efficiently
- Collaborate with peers, managers and customers to resolve problems with software products or company software systems.
Ethics and Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customer and their needs the primary focus on one’s actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 7 years of programming experience with various platforms and languages, with at least 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Proven experience in a DevOps culture focusing on the customer, CI/CD, production monitoring, cross-functional autonomous teams, and continuous improvement
- Experience designing, building, and optimizing enterprise scale integration environments
- Demonstrated experience with microservices architecture within major cloud service provider (Azure preferred)
- Extensive experience with a variety of relational and NoSQL technologies such as SQL Server, Cassandra, HBase, and Cosmos DB
- Demonstrated experience and thorough knowledge of Angular 8 and working knowledge of React, Vue.js, and AngularJS
- Experience with API Management frameworks (i.e., Azure API Manager)
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Creative and innovation-driven with the ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees. Please clickherefor an overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Service Coordinator Louisville, Kentucky
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Spokane, Washington
- Order Filler $300 Sign on Bonus Columbia, South Carolina
- Service Technician II Round Rock, Texas
- Service Technician - Dental - Louisville, KY Louisville, Kentucky
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why Join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.