Principal Software Engineer - PerformanceJob Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 2021-12379 Apply
As a Principal Software Engineer at Patterson Companies, you will create best practices and identify tools to empower the engineers to create and deploy scalable and performant services for our Software as a Service (SaaS) products. We believe in autonomous agile teams and fast feedback to guide product development with continuous deployments. This is an exciting opportunity to generate significant revenue for the company and serve the emerging mid-market, multi-location dental practice market.
- Be passionate and focused on the performance of our product / services
- Advocate industry standard agile testing practices, implement best practices within our software environment, and advance our performance tools
- Develop and implement a performance test strategy that supports lean delivery of value to our customers
- Participate and collaborate with the cross functional team implementing performance monitoring tools
- Partner with product development to identify critical business user journeys
- Provide key SME leadership on transformative efforts and implement industry best practices to performance testing
- Design and implement automated performance testing in the CI/CD pipeline
- Lead and facilitate meetings to review product plans or requirements
- Partner with architecture, product owners and software engineers to drive the definition of software development plans, including scoping, estimates, implementation, and operationalization and drive for results
- Develop standards and reusable process for all software engineers
- Provide technical guidance, instruction, and training to software engineers with less experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering or preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- 4+ years in a Lead / Principal software engineering role focused on performance & load processes along with tool identification
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud-native solutions within a major cloud service provider (Azure preferred)
- Experience with enterprise application, user, transaction and performance monitoring tools (i.e., Dynatrace, AppDynamics)
- Strong Experience in creating performance test strategy, design, planning, and workload modelling
- Experience in a DevOps Culture focusing on the customer, CI/CD, cross-functional autonomous teams, and continuous improvement
- Experience with microservice architecture and containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven leader with successful track record architecting and rolling out technology transformation initiatives
- Strong understanding of test methodologies in Agile/Scrum environments
- Ability to think strategically about how to create solutions to business requirements and ability to communicate effectively to both business and technical audiences
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.