Principal Software Engineer - Shared Services (Remote)Primary Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Job ID 2021-12794 Apply
The Principal Software Engineer role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of Patterson software requirements. You will be part of a dedicated technology team that crafts a modern web application experience for our customers. We believe in cross functional teams, fast feedback to guide product development with continuous deployments. The Principal Software Engineer will lead the research, design, documentation and modification of software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
This position will work on Dental Shared Services. Dental Shared Services is a (PaaS) offering to Patterson development teams and approved vendors. You will be part of a team that creates independently deployable services for Patterson’s Dental Software Organization.
The team provides resources to allow developers to create service offerings by accelerating the creation of functionality around deployments, service registration and discovery, identity and security management of the Patterson identity, and common tooling for instrumentation and telemetry on services and applications deployed utilizing the Dental Shared Services.
- Collaborate with clients, developers and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Define, develop, and document software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design, development and optimization of software assets to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as needed.
- Participate in the identification, triage and/or remediation of Unit test, QA and/or production issues. Including scaling and performance remediation.
- Experience developing sustainable implementation designs from strategic architectures and product roadmaps
- Participate in and may lead the definition of technical initiatives, software development and cross functional efforts, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Working with Product Owners, define and prioritize units of work; align and assign work items to development team engineers; participate in ongoing backlog grooming and adjustments.
- Foster a collaborative, quality focused team environment that promotes sharing of ideas, and a positive work ethic.
- Perform and may lead program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Share in and promote a group mentoring environment with Software Engineering peers through technical advice and reference.
Ethics and Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customer and their needs the primary focus on one’s actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 7 years of programming experience with various platforms and languages, with at least 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Experience in developing and maintaining an internally, partner and customer accessible service architecture (PaaS)
- Broad experience with software development life cycle and processes including Agile / Scrum
- Excellent understanding of secure coding methods and best practices
- Understanding of best practices for building applications with peak performance and reliability
- Expert level in C#, .NET Framework and .NET Core
- Fluency in object-oriented programming and design
- Familiar with Identity Management Architectures (user directory, SSO, Federation, etc.)
- Familiar with enterprise integration frameworks
- Familiar with container frameworks
- Proven experience with Microservices, messaging and service architectures, preferably utilizing MS Azure frameworks
- Experience with developing and the optimization of native Microsoft Azure implementations utilizing and enabled by Azure DevOps
- Broad experience in enterprise database technologies. Preferably MS Azure frameworks
- Familiar with corporate governance, business cases, and return on investment concepts
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for all eligible employees. Please clickherefor an overview of benefits offered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Shipping Supervisor-2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Material Handler I Sioux Center, Iowa
- Inventory Control Clerk Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Hershey, Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Inventory Control Clerk Blythewood, South Carolina
- Accounting Intern Eagan, Minnesota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.