Sales Operations ManagerPrimary Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Additional Location(s) Eagan, Minnesota Job ID 2021-12800 Apply
As the Sales Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the team handling field sales support at the Pricing Desk and Strategic Account proposal activities. Act as a sales project manager for the Strategic Accounts Request for Proposal Process (RFP) by interacting with sales, pricing analysts, and other internal staff. Uses outside professional knowledge of best practices to further advance the process. Utilizes persuasion to ensure that deadlines and targets are met while maintaining professionalism. Understands the customers’ needs and effectively articulates them during the process.
Sales Operations Manager Proposal / Pricing Desk Team:
- Manager and lead team through prioritization, coordination, and execution of proposal and pricing desk duties.
- Ensure team meets all proposal and pricing desk deadlines.
- Acts as a mentor and subject matter expert within the Proposal Team.
Drive Proposal / RFP Processes:
- Create and/or maintain response data for future use.
- Research and/or coordinate plans to pull content from various sources to craft final, tailored, customer-centric proposal responses.
- Identify gaps in content and request necessary information from internal and external partners.
- Develop and execute project plans to complete proposals, identify deliverables and set timelines.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify strategic and tactical issues, assist with creating solutions, and execute actions regarding national proposals.
- Contribute as a team member on large complex proposals, switching between unrelated projects quickly and easily, while maintaining communication with project team.
- Regularly interact with sales personnel and cross functional teams.
- Ability to present complicated data in a clear concise way so it makes sense to all audience no matter skill set.
- Performs other sales operations manager duties as assigned.
Support Pricing Programs and Processes:
- Field requests for pricing proposals submitted by sales staff via Outlook and Salesforce.
- Vet requests to determine optimal pricing program.
- Project manage pricing proposals through sales life-cycle including pricing request submission, pricing analysis, contract negotiation, and pricing implementation.
- Track pricing proposal data and communicate with internal staff using Microsoft Access, Salesforce, and Microsoft Excel.
- Interact daily via Outlook and phone with sales and operations staff across the U.S.
- Maintain knowledge of various customer pricing programs, including cursory knowledge of discounts, profit margins, and rebates.
- Act as a resource and provide ongoing guidance for sales staff regarding pricing program details and parameters.
- Track process and program exceptions and follow internal delegation of authority process to submit business cases for approval.
Facilitate Customer Contract Process:
- Create customer contracts using pre-written templates provided by legal team.
- Act as liaison between sales and legal staff.
- Maintain basic knowledge of standard contract terms and conditions and effectively communicate to sales staff.
- Use internal ticket system to submit contracts to legal staff for editing and approvals.
Sales Operations People Management:
- Coordinate ongoing 1:1s with team and manage annual review process with individual employees.
- Encourage the growth of all direct and indirect reports through skill development and goal setting.
- Hold direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals.
- Mentor staff, measure performance, and complete regular performance reviews.
- Resolve employee issues in an effective and consistent manner.
Sales Operations Manager Minimum Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Business or related field.
- 8+ years of related experience required.
- Experience in creating customer ready proposals and presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
#WeArePatterson We welcome you.
- Shipping Supervisor-2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Material Handler I Sioux Center, Iowa
- Inventory Control Clerk Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Hershey, Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Inventory Control Clerk Blythewood, South Carolina
- Accounting Intern Eagan, Minnesota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.