Senior Software Engineer (Remote)Primary Location Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota Additional Location(s) Effingham, Illinois; Austin, Texas; Fargo, North Dakota; Louisville, Kentucky; Salt Lake City, Utah; Chicago, Illinois; Chatsworth, California Job ID 2021-12755 Apply
The Sr Software Engineer's role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of Patterson software requirements. You will be part of a dedicated technology team that crafts a modern web application experience for our customers. We believe in cross functional teams, fast feedback to guide product development with continuous deployments. The Sr Software Engineer will also lead the research, design, documentation and modification of software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
This position will work on a feature team implementing features into cloud dental software and will be working in a devops culture. The position works on a scrum team that is focused on development, quality, performance, deployment, and production support for dental software offerings.
- Collaborate with clients, developers and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Define, develop, and document software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as needed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Agile Team Work
- Participate in and may lead the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform and may lead program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Help mentor Software Engineer peers through technical advice and reference.
- We build and run technology solutions that runs in the cloud and are sold as a Software as a Service (SaaS) product.
- Our software product is designed to run in the cloud and our technology choices reflect that.
- We work in Angular, .NET Core, Azure SQL, C# technologies in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 5 years of programming experience required. Should have prior experience within various platforms and languages
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile applications
- Partner with other Engineers in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Fluency in object-oriented programming and design
- Extensive database and operating systems experience
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Ability to develop and maintain software products written in different languages and platforms
- Understanding of best practices for building applications with peak performance and reliability
- Familiarity with Agile processes and scrum
- Extensive experience in C#
- Experience using .Net framework
- Experience using front-end web technologies – Angular is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience building scalable applications using fundamental design principles
What's In It For You:
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability.
- Patterson Perks Program.
Please click herefor an overview of benefits offered!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences are what strengthen us and drive our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.
- Inventory Control Clerk 2nd shift South Bend, Indiana
- Support Specialist Tier 1 (Remote - IL ONLY) Effingham, Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Bloomington, Illinois, Bolingbrook, Illinois, Elmhurst, Illinois, Moline, Illinois, Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois, Warrenville, Illinois, Gurnee, Illinois, Oak Park, Illinois
- Agricultural Engineer Greeley, Colorado, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Service Technician Atlanta, Georgia
- Service Technician Fargo, North Dakota
Training and Development
Diversity and Inclusion
Why join Patterson?
Jump in and see what it’s like to be a part of our team.
Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
We’re excited that you’re interested in joining Patterson Companies. We offer a wide range of opportunities, and the hiring process may vary based on position. Learn how to submit a job application, and the typical evaluation processes used at Patterson, click here(This link opens a PDF file).
At Patterson Companies, we measure success by the strength of our relationships with our clients, customers and employees. From working with our partners to bring innovation solutions and provide best-in-class experience to our customers, to supporting employee volunteerism large and small, we’re committed to building strong connections to support the communities we live and work in. Learn more about our corporate responsibility, click here.
Be a part of a great organization with a special mission: to be the market leading dental and animal health company supplying technology, marketing, support and logistics to maximize customer success. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services and create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients, customers and employees. To learn more about our Mission and Values click here.